What's new

Ringtones

heppell21

Reaction score
How can I use songs from my playlist as ringtones. I have tried the process where you create AAC version, and change the file name. But when I sync my phone the Song is not shown in my sounds list.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Download iringer, it's the easiest way of converting ringtones for the iPhone. Just google it and follow the instructions.
You can not select music from your playlists.

You can make songs from tour iPod library portion with an app Called ringtone designer on your phone. It is way stripped down and you still have to sync your phone to your computer , but for free it is great once you get the hang of it. Hth.

Last edited:
I have tried several of these methods and they all seem to work until I sync. The ringtones never show up on my Iphone. What could I be doing wrong?

Make sure any ringtones from your music library are reduced to 0.30 seconds.

If longer than 30 seconds then the library sync option for ringtones in iTunes will not work.

Ok. The ringtones are under 30 seconds. When I got into ITunes on the Ringtones tab, I have 3 options: Sync Ringtones, All Ringtones or Selected Ringtones. (I have all ringtones checked) If I click on Sync Ringtones I get a popup saying all the ringtones on my phone will be replaced with the ringtones from my Itunes library. If I click ok on that popup, nothing happens. If I click apply down on the bottom right, I get a popup that says my IPhone is synced with another Itunes library????? and asks if I want to erase this Iphone and sync with this Itunes library. None of this makes any sense.