What's new

ringtones disappeared??

loosie

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a number of custom ringtones I'd made & loaded on my phone & after syncing yesterday, they disappeared. I have os 4.2.1 on my iphone 3gs and have itunes 10.2.2.14 on my PC.

There was a folder under 'Library' called ringtones that is no longer there. I have the phone set to 'sync all ringtones' under the ringtones tab of my phone in itunes. When I change this to 'sync checked' the list comes up with the appropriate ringtones & have tried this, to no avail too.

Can anyone help me resolve this please, cos the standard iphone ringtones are ordinary & I hate the alarms!

Search your PC or Mac for .M4R file extensions. If they weren't deleted, move them to the Ringtones folder where your iTunes music resides. Then they should show back up when you start to synch.

Hi,

Thanks, yeah I'd checked that the files were still there & where they were meant to be.

I made a couple of new ringtones, with iringer & when they'd done, the others mysteriously appeared back in itunes again too! So don't know what happened, but it's working now.