What's new

Revolve HD

mfperry86

Reaction score
I purchased the theme "Revolve HD" ans before I updated to I OS 5 all the icons were fine but since I've updated the "mail" icon will not change to the new icon with the theme. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm having the same issue... but w/ a different theme. My Mail & Music icons won't change... driving me insane!! Jmills... how do you "...contact the theme creator?"

I'm almost 100% sure there's a "contact the developer" button in the Cydia store under every App/theme/tweak's info page.
Although its hard to remember. I've been stock since October lol!

I'm almost 100% sure there's a "contact the developer" button in the Cydia store under every App/theme/tweak's info page.
Although its hard to remember. I've been stock since October lol!
Good deal! I'll check it out first thing in the morning.

Now, I can't check this on my 4S (no jail break available, yet ... darn it!), but when I upgraded my iPad1 to iOS 5 and [re] jail broke it, I also discovered that some themes did not work. As in, some of the stock icons did not theme, while others did.

Turns out that Apple changed the name of many of the stock icons (well, at least on the iPad). From my reading, it appears that's the same case for the iPhone on iOS 5.

So, try this: SSH into your phone (or get into the Themes area on the iPhone using whatever method you use) and change the name of the Mail icon in your theme to Icon.png and [email protected]. The new bundle ID is com.apple.mobilemail.

For the Phone icon: Try icon~iphone.png and icon@2x~iphone.png with the Bundle Id = com.apple.mobilephone

For the Music icon: Try icon.png and [email protected]; Bundle Id = com.apple.mobileipod

And, the Videos icon: It's icon.png and [email protected]; Bundle id = com.apple.videos

When I changed the names on my iPad, the icons changed. So, that leads me to believe the themed icons are in the theme; the names just have not been changed to Apple's new names. Changing every name for those icons that didn't theme helped me get my iPad theme working, so maybe that's what you need for the iPhone...

Again, I can't test this - but try it and see if it works?

Marilyn

P.S. Sorry, but the forum makes the @ names e-mail address links. Still good names, just cut 'n' paste or use as is...

Ya, or you can just google the theme name and try and find the original thread about the theme(most themes originate on MMi) so you can just find the original thread when they first announced the theme and PM the author through the MMi boards.

i love my 4.3.3 lol u can change anything u wannttttttttttttttttttt

It wasn't always like that, just like iOS5 is now, many themes were incompatible with iOS4 when it first came out, it always takes time for all the theme creators to make their themes compatible, some longer than others