What's new

Restoring Backup through iTunes issue

Hntaha

Reaction score
Hey there
So I have a 3gs and a 4. I backuped the 3gs through itunes, plugged the iphone 4 it does not give me the possibility to press restore from backup.However if I replug the 3gs, it gives me the option to restore the backup I saved. Both iphones are not new, so how can I get the option to backup the 3gs data onto the iphone 4?
Best Regards

Attachments

• $Capture.JPG
    $Capture.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 385
Did you manually back up the 3GS? Because the date of the last backup should be present rather than unknown. If it says unknown, then there aren't any backups. Make sure you're right clicking your iPhone on the left hand taskbar and clicking "Backup" and not relying on the 'backup' when you plug your iPhone in and at the top of iTunes, it says "Backing up"

I did manually back it up, but it only reads the backup i saved and allows me to restore it when I replug the 3gs, when I plug the iphone 4, it doesnt. If I enter the folder where the backup is present I do find it.

Ahhh. Is the iOS of the 3GS higher than the 4 by any chance? More specifically a whole iOS above. I.e the 3GS is on iOS 6.X and the 4 is on 5.X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Ya the 3gs's IOS is higher than the 4's. what to do?

That's the problem. The backup can only be used on the same or higher iOS threshold, meaning an iOS 5 backup will work on an iOS 5 and iOS 6 device but an iOS 6 backup cannot work on an iOS 5 device. You'll need to upgrade your 4's iOS within the same or higher threshold in order to use the backup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Ohh ok. The iphone is gevey sim unlocked, does that allow me to update the IOS to the latest? Or gevey sim may not wwork on new versions?

The Gevey does not work with any baseband above 04.11 and any iOS above 5.1.1. If you want to restore to a later iOS, you'll have to create a custom IPSW to preserve the baseband, and you'll need SHSH blobs for the iOS that you want to restore to in order to accomplish it. Only the 4S is supported on the latest on the latest baseband with the Gevey

Thank u guys very much, great assistance indeed.