What's new

Restore From Backup Points

gnatn88

Reaction score
My sister tried too many passcodes on my iPhone while I was having surgery and when I got it back it was requesting to be connected to iTunes. When connected it prompted me to restore the iPhone to a backup from a couple days ago. However, my laptop battery died during the restore. When I connected it later I no longer get the prompt to restore it.

Is there anyway to recover all my lost contacts etc.??

hopefully you habe not damaged your iphone too much in the process of restoring to backup.. i would put it in dfu mode restore it then restore to backup after that if it lets you

i would put it in dfu mode restore it then restore to backup after that if it lets you

Sorry, but gotta ask, since I've read it so often. WTF is DFU mode???? Please explain in simple English to this rookie!

It stands for Device Firmware Update. It's a last resort if restoring your phone doesn't work. It basically shuts down the entire phone apart form the functions it needs to rewrite the firmware. It's also needed for jailbreaking purposes...

It stands for Device Firmware Update. It's a last resort if restoring your phone doesn't work. It basically shuts down the entire phone apart form the functions it needs to rewrite the firmware. It's also needed for jailbreaking purposes...

Got it. Thanks.