What's new

Respring loop HELP!!!

henwa

Reaction score
Hi there, i have been researching respring loops on google but havent found the exact problem which i am dealing with. when my ipod touch 4G switches off, for example my battery runs out, and i switch it on again its creates a respring loop where on the lockscreen it resprings every 5 seconds. i then have to wait for the battery to run out. in order to put it back to normal, i charge it until it starts to switch on, then i boot it with redsn0w. i am on ios 5.1 by the way and i'm not sure how i can fix this. I would really appreciate some help. :)

Put it in dfu mode in between one of the resprings and just connect it to redsnow already in dfu mode?

i dont have time to switch off or put it in dfu mode. it resprings within about 5 seconds

i dont have time to switch off or put it in dfu mode. it resprings within about 5 seconds

Yes you do. just ignore the resprining loop, and enter DFU mode. Just act as if your phone is already off.

Simultaneously hold both home and power buttons for 10 seconds, and 2 seconds after the screen goes black, let go of the power button and keep holding the home button til you here the computer beep. You can always enter DFU whether it's in s respring loop or not.

bott tethered with redsn0w. Once you boot tethered install the Semi-tether package from this repo: thebigboss.org/semitether/

It helps to reapply the semi-tether, and should stop the respring loop. What are you doing not booting tethered any way?

Last edited:
wow ok, i'll try that next time. i hope it works :)

i have the same problem with ios 5.1.1.. what i did is hold the home button and power button wait for the apple logo and both let it go.. it will reboot and it works for me..
i dont have to go to DFU mode..

thegame31 said:
i have the same problem with ios 5.1.1.. what i did is hold the home button and power button wait for the apple logo and both let it go.. it will reboot and it works for me..
i dont have to go to DFU mode..

This post is old...and this was for someone who had a *tethered* jailbreak.

Your situation of your respond loop was not the same as the OP's. Just sayin.

Plus...I'm sure his issue is resolved.