What's new

replacing icon.png files using iFunbox?

yak

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace an icon on my Iphone with one I created.
The icons are located in my Web Apps folder.
The existing Icon.png file has the following properties, 1.7KB 114x114x24b png
The new Icon I want to replace, has the same name, its properties are, 8.0KB 114x114x24b png

When I use iFunbox, I cant seem to be able to write the replacement file to my iphone, using the "copy from PC"
My iphone insists on using the original existing icon.png file

your help is appreciated!

Are you on a clean iPhone or a jailbroken iPhone. If it's a jailbroken iPhone, you might have to incorporate it into something like Winterboard becuase the originals have to be there as a "backup". Otherwise, if you ever go into safe mode, and for a self-modded icon that's not through Winterboard and such, your app won't show up in safe mode. One example is if you force change the Settings.app icon. If you force change it through rooting, and say in the future your iPhone is stuck in safe mode and you need to connect to the internet for whatever reason in safe mode, or access anything in Settings, the app won't be there, and you won't be able to start it up using Spotlight. It's a "safety" feature

Thanks! I also falsely assumed that the new Icon would show instantly on my iphone. Unfortualetey it wont show until the iphone is rebooted.