What's new

Remove movies

Alanfujii

Reaction score
I've been looking at how to remove movies from your iPhone. The images that they show are not the same on my phone. It says to go to the Videos app and the movies are in list form. You then just swipe the particular movie and it reveals a delete option. In my video app the movies are in a icon pattern and you can only pick to view. I then followed another link that said to go to General, usage and manage. The list pops up with all the apps and their usage. I can't find the Video app. I then look to see if there is anything else that might contain the movie but there doesn't seem to be anything else.
How do I know that I have a movie to remove on my iPhone? I turned off the wi-fi and can still run the movie I downloaded.

Open the Videos app to watch movies, TV shows, and music videos. To watch video podcasts, open the Podcasts app—see Podcasts at a glance. To watch videos you record using Camera on iPhone, open the Photos app.

VIDEO_browse.png

• Stream or download? If
    IL_iCloud.png
    appears on a video thumbnail, you can watch it without downloading it to iPhone, if you have an Internet connection. To download the video to iPhone so you can watch without using a Wi-Fi or cellular connection, tap
    IL_cloudDownArrow.png
    in the video details.

I've been looking at how to remove movies from your iPhone. The images that they show are not the same on my phone. It says to go to the Videos app and the movies are in list form. You then just swipe the particular movie and it reveals a delete option. In my video app the movies are in a icon pattern and you can only pick to view. I then followed another link that said to go to General, usage and manage. The list pops up with all the apps and their usage. I can't find the Video app. I then look to see if there is anything else that might contain the movie but there doesn't seem to be anything else.
How do I know that I have a movie to remove on my iPhone? I turned off the wi-fi and can still run the movie I downloaded.

Okay. I wonder why I don't have the same thing. When I access the Video app and see basically the same view that you have shown. I don't have the "Edit" in the top right corner and the little clouds you have under the movie icons. Is there same place in preferences that I need to turn on this feature.

If you don't have edit you don't have a movie dowloaded. No cloud, no access thru icloud. That is presuming you have an Internet connection and icloud set up.

If you don't have edit you don't have a movie dowloaded. No cloud, no access thru icloud. That is presuming you have an Internet connection and icloud set up.

When I turn off wifi and cellular data I can still watch the movie that I downloaded. To me that can only mean that the movie is on my iPhone.
I was wrong on not having the little clouds. I see them now. There is a cloud on the movie that I'm talking is different looking that the others but it's also on a completely white background which could be why it looks different.

May be you accidentally touched the download tap ...

? Not quite sure with your reply. I did download a movie onto my iPhone. My need is to figure out a way to remove it from my phone. For some reason I don't seem to have the same functions available to me as others. I'm sure the movie is on my phone if it plays when all streaming data is turned off.