What's new

Reminders won't go away.

bcrenshaw

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not sure this is because I'm jailbroken, or it's a bug on the iphone. But here's the deal, I was trying to move around some location based reminders from my icloud account to my gmail account and outlook account. Well neither of those support location based reminders. so I think they got hung up and now they won't go away. My question is, is there a file I can delete to make the iphone rescan for active reminders? kind of like this post here does, but for app icons. Safari and Mail App Crashing? | Se7enSins Gaming Community it's discribed in the #3rd post in that thread. You delete those two, then when you reboot all your icons are gone and it scans them and within a couple minutes they're all back. I have iFile by the way. here's a picture of what the reminders that won't go away look like. Btw they're only on the lock screen, and when I swipe to open them it just takes me to my reminders list.
$photo.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to iPhoneForums. Please take the time to peruse the forum rules here and keep them in mind whilst posting throughout your stay with us.

Have you tried a hard reset of your device?

Well I'll have to be honest, I did not read the rules when I posted my first post, I assumed the three major rules, Don't be a d-bag, stick to the topic, and no personal agendas. Also I didn't read them because I was on lunch break and only had a half hour to eat lunch and find a forum, sign up and post my thread before I had to get back to work. I barely made it in case anybody was wondering. fyi, I have since read the rules, luckily I did not violate any with my original post (as I see it anyway, I may be wrong)

Anyway, getting back on track. Yes I have tried a hard reset with no luck. I'm not so sure this is a jailbreak bug, i think this may be a bug in the iphone software since it doesn't feel like the reminders app has ever gotten the attention it needs to be a great useful app. Pretty sure this was a result of trying to move a location based reminder to a service that does not support that, and it freaked out. As you can see by the picture, I tried to just clear all the info to delete them and that didn't work either. I don't even remember what location or day they may have been set for so that won't help me. I've tried unsyncing all email accounts that have reminders. So it would default to the iphone basic reminder list, that had no effect. I'm really stuck for ideas here. I don't want to have to reset my phone since I'm jailbroken, I don't know if that would make my phone upgrade or not to 7.1.

Any other ideas to try would be appreciated. thanks.

What willerz2 means by reset is to either restart it (turn it off then on) or reset (hold both sleep and Home buttons until you see the Apple logo). Neither of these will affect your jail break. Now, if you reSTORE the phone, that's a different story and it will load iOS 7.1.

So, do you have iCleaner or iCleaner Pro? If yes, did you run it? It's supposed to clear out a bunch of caches, so it may help. If you don't have either, I recommend you get one or the other (the Pro has more options, though I only use the basic one).

If that doesn't help - what Lockscreen themes or tweaks are you running? Maybe one of them has a glitch. So, if you could list any tweak or theme you've got installed. Hopefully, we can help narrow down the problem.

Marilyn

Yeah I'm familiar with the differences between restart, hard reset and restore. What I was reffering too as reset was the reset options on the phone itself settings>general>reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Then just resync all my data from the icloud. First of all I don't even know if that will work or error out if I'm jailbroken, or if it will make me update before it will finish erasing to factory settings.

I hadn't thought about the iCleaner, I did try it after you suggested it... no luck :( I only have iCleaner, does the Pro version have more options or just no ads?

Anybody else got any ideas besides freaking out and smashing the phone? lol

Install OpenSSH from Cydia and run SemiRestore on your computer. Backup your device using iTunes prior to doing so

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I'm familiar with the differences between restart, hard reset and restore. What I was reffering too as reset was the reset options on the phone itself settings>general>reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Then just resync all my data from the icloud. First of all I don't even know if that will work or error out if I'm jailbroken, or if it will make me update before it will finish erasing to factory settings.

I hadn't thought about the iCleaner, I did try it after you suggested it... no luck :( I only have iCleaner, does the Pro version have more options or just no ads?

Anybody else got any ideas besides freaking out and smashing the phone? lol

You NEVER want to select "erase all contents and settings" on a jailbroken device. It WILL mess up your phone and you will be forced to upgrade to iOS 7.1, which is un-jailbreakable.

Since iCleaner didn't help - what lockscreen tweaks or themes are you running? Maybe one of them is faulty...

Marilyn

Ok well now I feel dumb, I was looking through my installed packets, and I didn't realize I'd installed "reminders+" which it's whole thing is showing reminders on the lock screen. well long story short, uninstall and reinstall of that packet and everything is all better. Thanks for your guys help. Problem solved, lock the thread and throw it to the bottom of the pile.

Yeah, a restore is my very LAST option, I was at the point I was going to uninstall every since jailbreak app I had... until I saw "reminders+" ... then... Facepalm.