What's new

Reformatting & iTunes

AdmiralOnDeck

Reaction score
I'm planning on reformatting my computer. I have an iphone and I was wondering after the reformat and I try to sync my phone with my reformatted computer, what will happen to all of the music and apps that are on my iphone? Will they all be deleted and gone or will my computer sync up with my iphone and take whats on my iphone and put it on my computer?

Thank you

Before you do it just make a backup of your iTunes library on an external drive (if you have one). That is the most fail safe way. At least that is what I have always done just to be sure.

Now when I create a backup, is that just copying and pasting all the files from itunes or is there an actual itunes backup button that I can use?

Now when I create a backup, is that just copying and pasting all the files from itunes or is there an actual itunes backup button that I can use?
Unfortuately no... there isn't a button that streamlines the process. As you said... it's basically just copy & pasting from the iTunes folder located in your C drive. Not actually copying the items from within iTunes itself though.

I think after you back it up you should tell iTunes to not work with your phone. You only get 5 connected devices from what I understand - why take a chance. Someone out there help with this, am I just lost??

Make an iCloud account, back up to iCloud and smile :)