What's new

Reduce charging time on iPhone

angeliq

Reaction score
Such an irritating subject, this battery thing. Is it possible to reduce charging time for the battery to the extreme without damaging anything? I've read somewhere that someone invented a charger that can charge the battery from 0% to full in 30 seconds!! Wow, if it's working, think of the turnaround on all these complaints!! But will it ever realised? What is the negatives in speeding up the charge process?

Hmmm, super hot iPhone and charger? I've just notice when I use other chargers that is not made for my old cellphone.

It might blow up or the your iPhone might electrocute you when in use

Such an irritating subject, this battery thing. Is it possible to reduce charging time for the battery to the extreme without damaging anything? I've read somewhere that someone invented a charger that can charge the battery from 0% to full in 30 seconds!! Wow, if it's working, think of the turnaround on all these complaints!! But will it ever realised? What is the negatives in speeding up the charge process?

You will never be able to speed up a consumer grade Lithium-Ion battery charging time until their is a break thru in the battery design itsef. There is currently NO charger under any condition that can fully charge a cell phone battery in under 30 minutes. It is a chemical impossibility unless you want the battery to fail or exploded.

Just charge ur phone in an airplane mode !! Might increase ur charging speed

Just charge ur phone in an airplane mode !! Might increase ur charging speed

The increase in speed will be less than 10%. IE you might shave off about 10 minutes to go from full drained to fully charged.

You will never be able to speed up a consumer grade Lithium-Ion battery charging time until their is a break thru in the battery design itsef. There is currently NO charger under any condition that can fully charge a cell phone battery in under 30 minutes. It is a chemical impossibility unless you want the battery to fail or exploded.
Thanks Skull... that's exactly what I meant - only 2 conditions that we must hope for as a breakthrough - 1. Some breakthrough on batteries that can take a "quick" charge (I think they work on it, but no success at this stage), or 2. Solar charging/battery that give power unlimited/phone using less power....or whatever we can think of. I've read this 30 seconds thing somewhere, but didn't take notice of it, cause I was sure it is not possible under current conditions. Was just thinking - if a charger can charge a battery say in 10 minutes (please note "if", as this is a dream) ... it would be a turnaround like mad!! My personal outlook on the battery thing stays same: don't be so into battery that you don't enjoy your phone to the maximum..... By the way, any idea what is the maximum charge that an iPhone can take to charge its battery? I'm using my iPad's charger to charge my 4s at times...Already read on this forum that it's ok....

I have a Mophie battery pack and charge my phone whenever it need to be charged. I have been with Mophie ever since the IPhone 4 and now I have a iPhone 5 since launch

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net