What's new

recovery

afc4life

Reaction score
hello all hope someone can help me please,ive dropped my iphone 3gs and the screen is cracked although the phone switches on and charges its in a frozen state cant use slider or anything,my problem is i can sell it but i have 100s of pictures of the kids and various other data that i want to recover itunes wont recognize them so was hoping that there was some sort of recovery tool available any advice would be most helpful thank you in advance

afc4life said:
hello all hope someone can help me please,ive dropped my iphone 3gs and the screen is cracked although the phone switches on and charges its in a frozen state cant use slider or anything,my problem is i can sell it but i have 100s of pictures of the kids and various other data that i want to recover itunes wont recognize them so was hoping that there was some sort of recovery tool available any advice would be most helpful thank you in advance

Have you tried to connect it to iTunes and do a backup?

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

If it is just the pictures, you can connect it to your computer and see if it will communicate. If it does - open the phone in your file manager program (depends on the operating system on the computer to which file manager you have) and navigate to the external disc/device the phone shows up as. Now you can both copy the pictures to your hard drive and delete them from the phone, important if you have any you don't want seen (like that time you dyed your hair pink and put on Elton John glasses :eek: )

thanks for your replies i think its beyond saving as usb dosent recognize it,it comes up with message device malfunction itunes dosent recognize it either

afc4life said:
thanks for your replies i think its beyond saving as usb dosent recognize it,it comes up with message device malfunction itunes dosent recognize it either

While it may not be economically feasible to repair the iPhone, if the photos on it are irreplaceable, you may want to take it to a repair shop to see if repairing it to the point where the photos can be recovered is possible.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

i may try that but dont hold my hopes high thank you for your time

ok i tried another usb lead and it now recognizes the phone, problem is now itunes says phone is passlocked and the pass needs to be entered on phone first but i cant use the slider i can see it but its frozen any ideas as to how to bypass it if its possible cheers

We can't teach you to bypass passcode locks here, it's illegal since it's an invasion of privacy. Try unlocking the device with the slider first, then plug it in.

sorry didnt realise id asked a ilegal question the slider wont work the screen is frozen

You'll have to get that fixed then unfortunately. You can't root a passcode locked device without having developer access and manually opening up certain security protocols. Other than that, you don't really have other ways of going about this.

sorted it after a bit of research i downloaded funbox sorted everything straight away