What's new

Receiving contacts via bluetooth

spyder5157

Reaction score
I recently attempted to share a contact from another phone, by sending it via bluetooth (VCF), it is continually failing. Is there a way to share contacts this way?

BTW: I was sending the contact from a droid phone, but it was in vcf format.

PS: Also, is it possible to "Import" vcf contact files (Example: Exported contacts from a gmail account) ??

Thank you for your help, fairly new with the iPhone, and having some difficulty with the contacts, etc.

Best regards,

Spyder / Jeff

Follow the steps:
1. From the home screen, select contacts.
2. Select a contact.(To change contact groups, press the Menu button, select Display group then select the appropriate group [e.g. All contacts, Facebook, Google, etc.])
3. Press the Menu button
4. Select Share name card.
5. Select (check) the appropriate contact information then select Send.
6. Select Bluetooth.
7. If presented, select Turn on.
8. Select Scan for devices.(To appear in the Bluetooth devices list, the recipient's device must be discoverable.)
9. Select a device.(To complete the transfer, the recipient must accept the file.)

Hope it helps.

Follow the steps:
1. From the home screen, select contacts.
2. Select a contact.(To change contact groups, press the Menu button, select Display group then select the appropriate group [e.g. All contacts, Facebook, Google, etc.])
3. Press the Menu button
4. Select Share name card.
5. Select (check) the appropriate contact information then select Send.
6. Select Bluetooth.
7. If presented, select Turn on.
8. Select Scan for devices.(To appear in the Bluetooth devices list, the recipient's device must be discoverable.)
9. Select a device.(To complete the transfer, the recipient must accept the file.)

Hope it helps.

Crazy, but no, none of the above happens. I need to point out this is an iPhone 4 (NOT the 4S), here are the issues, FIRST: THANK YOU FOR THE INFO, eitherway.

1. When I select a contact, hitting the Menu Button at that time, just returns me to the main icon screen/homepage
2. When I do hit a Contact, there is a button right on that page, "Share Contact"
3. IF I hit the Share button, I ONLY have 2 options, Email and Message. (No Method of "Sending")
4. I have gone thru all sorts of the menus and cannont find any "SHARE" info.

THE SECOND ISSUE: I can tell the other Droid phone to send the VCF of a contact right to the iPhone, but it ALWAYS Says FAILED.

I assume that I need to "Set" the iPhone to receive it.

Is is possible I need an app to do this. I did see an app called "SYNC" that was capable of sharing contacts w/ other iPhones via BT, and other similar issues.

Otherwise, I really have to say, that this iPhone, has very limited features, with import/export, etc.

Can you just "IMPORT" contacts. Then I could take them from another device and "Import them" to the iPhone. OR Is it easier to add them on iCloud??

Anyway, THANK YOU for trying to help out, but maybe this is an area they changed with the version on iPhone.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Spyder