What's new

Ready wish iPhone has following dream functions in iphone7 iPhone8..

Dr. Jack Wu

Reaction score
I have iPhone1 through iPhone6, totally purchased more than 12 iPhones for family usage, Glad bigger iPhone6 and plus finally answer our customer needs, Great.

But some disappointment for dream function I wish can added in ASAP:
1. need unlimited call log. this is very basic phone function, so I can trace back last month who called me
in business meeting, and I did not have time to record name. 14 years ago, phone can be 1 month, now phone log is sadly only can trace back a few days. I hope Apple iPhone can answer this customer needs ASAP. We need unlimited phone log. it is very easy to do, If you can hear customer needs.

2. It is great that now iPhone6 can handle all China three big carriers network in one phone. But real problem now is that everyone has to carry two phones with two phone sim cards they have. Dreaming iPhone7 can allow two phone sim cards in, will be great convenient and upper class function everyone will enjoy. Just make same slot longer with two slots, not change current style.
Apple top market person: hope you take notes and make great iPhone.
have questions, contact me please.

Edited: Removed e-mail address. Please read our rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Dr. Jack. Welxome to our forum. Hope you enjoy your visits.

I've removed your e-mail address because it is against the rules of this forum. If you wish other members here to contact you, they can use the private message function.

I also feel the need to remind you that this forum is in no way connected to Apple (we have doubts they even see/read it). We are just a collection of people who like the iPhone and want to talk about it.

If you want to send feedback to Apple directly, here is a link: Apple - Feedback

Marilyn

Hi, I was specifically looking for that feature 1. Wish there is any work around, but I did write to Apple feedback.

That may be a problem with your network rather than Apple. I have calls in my recents list that go back to 2013 which is a year before I got my current iPhone 6 plus so it obviously transferred over from my iPhone 5.

That may be a problem with your network rather than Apple. I have calls in my recents list that go back to 2013 which is a year before I got my current iPhone 6 plus so it obviously transferred over from my iPhone 5.
I have an iphone 4 and iphone 5. both of them have limitted call history. The samsung phone i used before had recent call history in a useful way. example, If i select any number from recent history, it will list all interactions with date stamps(incoming,outgoing, missed, messages). Even if that number is not in my contacts, it still shows all interactions since I had the phone. thats a very good feature if you ask me.

Well, those are older phones. As I said, my 6 plus contains a call log of calls prior to my acquiring that device. I was led to believe my provider was the one that had that feature and that even on the same phone model other providers may be different. By the way, in recents I can get the same information you say you got on your Samsung, whether they are on my contacts list or not. See the attached photo at the bottom of this post. That is a stock feature.
Anyway, the OP was unhappy that Apple did not allow info from his 6 plus and I was pointing out that it was a provider issue as my 6 plus does have what he wanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Interesting!! I have iOS 8.4 on iphone 5, which is same as on any iphone 6. But records stay short. And everyday it takes it as fresh record for the same phone number. Seems like it does depend on the career, and not the OS

I believe that is what I initially said, lol. By the way, I believe the recents list will only hold 100 calls, so I have to remember to weed out the ones I do not need to keep. Also, I am not sure the 5 can do everything the 6 can but I am not sure of this. I can tell you that my 5 had similar features to my 6 plus with the caveat that I have my phone in zoomed mode so I know I don't have all the features I would have if I used standard display.

Last edited: