What's new

Re the Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I was going to mention that white vinegar has worked to removed rust stains from my plastic dish bin in my sink. I have a bad habit of filling tin cans with water to soak before I wash them out and put them in the recycle bin. I sit them in the white plastic dish bin in my kitchen sink, and they inevitably leave behind rust stains, especially if they sit overnight. I tried everything to remove the rust stains which are only cosmetic, but still..... Nothing removed them until I tried spraying them with white vinegar and letting them sit overnight. The vinegar completely removed the rust. This is why I say, white vinegar is pretty acrid stuff. It will also remove odours on clothing and other fabrics if you add it to the wash water, which comes in very handy if you own any pets. :D

Interesting.

Back to the dreadful virus: 627 deaths in Italy today. Horrendous!

I believe that brings Italy's total to over 2K now. :(

Good grief! And, we are still in relatively early days of this!

Just heard from a friend who works for a fabric shop here. She said their corporate office came up with the idea of making and selling kits to make masks to sell to crafters so that the store could be considered an essential store and not have to close down. :rolleyes:

She also told me some store I never heard of called Game Stop has refused to close. They claim they are an essential store. On what basis?? :rolleyes:

This is what I meant about seeing "true colours." So many shops have closed down voluntarily already in order to try to help slow down the spread of the virus, e.g. Bath and Body Works, Neiman Marcus, Bed Bath and Beyond, and others. That is called Enlightened Self Interest folks. The other shops are fighting not to have to close temporarily, and thereby they are contributing in being venues where the virus can spread. The more the virus spreads, the more the economy is harmed, and thus the more their businesses are harmed, but they either cannot or will not see sense. How do you reason with people like that??? o_O

More information on how long the virus can survive in the air and on surfaces. It is amazing how long it can survive in the air.

Coronavirus can persist in air for hours and on surfaces for days: study

A friend who works for Joann's fabric shop told me that the fire marshall had to go in person Saturday to shut down Michaels and Spencer Gifts. Game Stop and Joannn’s fabric stores are still open and refuse to shut down! My friend works at Joann’s, and she said it was so crowded in there Saturday that people were standing shoulder to shoulder the entire day. I reported it to the city's Emergency Management Office. They said Code officers would be dispatched to shut down these shops. I think the city should fine the heck out of these shops! I was told that the mayor issued an order Saturday that all unessential shops had to close by 6 p.m. Some of these businesses obviously do not care about their employees's health, customers's health, or the health of all the rest of us.

I went out at 8 a.m. to look for essentials. I had to go to five markets to find bread, water, and loo rolls, and the shelves were almost completely bare by then.

We're locked down in the UK, everything but essential shops and services have been closed, we have to self isolate for god knows how long.......
Very depressing :(

It is depressing as well as frightening. I wish it was over. :(

Indeed, scifan57. I have a feeling this will go on for at least a year and half---longer if they have not found a vaccine by then. Still, we should be grateful, I suppose, that we live in an age where we can anticipate a vaccine in a year and half. If this was the 19th century, for example, I doubt anyone would predict a vaccine could be developed in 1.5 years. It is going to feel like forever, though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.