What's new

Quickest way to get a 6s plus

allan473

Reaction score
This is the first time I will be part of buying an Apple product on the first day I can get it. I will buy by phone and I was wondering if it made any difference if I ordered from Best Buy, Apple, or Verizon to get a 64 space gray iphone 6s plus in terms of having it arrive at my door asap. :)

I would order it directly form Apple, If you're quick off the mark you will most likely get the first delivery slots, If rumours are true to form we should be able to pre-order this coming Friday.

Thanks. Assuming it is Friday, and say it is at midnight, does that mean I can order midnight my time or midnight Pacific time?

I think it's midnight your time, I can order from 8am UK time.

I'm sure some one will chime in if I'm wrong :)

Thanks. Assuming it is Friday, and say it is at midnight, does that mean I can order midnight my time or midnight Pacific time?
As far as I know, it's Pacific Time. I remember that the Apple Watch was available in Germany before noon. It was possible to order one of them at exactly the same time everywhere.

Otherwise many people would be heading to the international date line to make sure they get one of the first.

I am retired now so even if I get one of the first ones I won't be able to brag about it much. :)

Last year I was on the phone at 8am payment card at the ready and there was some kind of glitch with Apple and they weren't ready.

It's Pacific time. I have always made the purchase using the Apple App. Never taken me more than 5 minutes and never had a glitch. And I was buying a subsidized phone on contract. Would always suggest using the Apple App. Unless you are on AT&T and still want a subsidized phone. They changed the rules last month and make you go through them now. And they will try to push you into the Next Plan but the subsidized 2 yr. contract is still available for now.

Using the Apple Store app has proven to be faster in the past, just look at what happened during the Apple Watch pre-orders. People using the app got in right away, while those using the website faced delays for the most part.

I've never used the app, I always buy mine on the phone, Hope they are up and running on time this year.

Make sure to check the Apple website as the pre-order date gets closer. You'll need the exact time that pre-orders begin to have any hope of getting one on launch day.

It's always Midnight, Pacific Time. I know, because I always have to wake up before 3 AM, ET that night to buy anything!