What's new

iPhone 6S Plus gaming

db4

Reaction score
Quick question,

I have a new iPhone 6s Plus 64g and I find some games specifically Virtua Tennis Challenge (quite an old game). The frame rate drops out a lot, pretty much all the time, sometimes very choppy.

I wonder if anyone can confirm this is just that it's not optimised (it ran silky smooth on my prior phone Galaxy S6) or do I need to worry about a hardware issue on my device. Benchmarks seem to come out at the right numbers. Even Asphalt 8 is a more prone to lags on the 6s+ vs the Galaxy which I find odd (it's not bad by any means).

Thanks for any advice.

I play real racing, dead trigger 2 and asphalt 8 and never see frame drops or lag at all, my note 5 lags here n there though only my n6 comes close to my iPhone but only till it throttles and that doesn't take long clocked to 3.1.

I will say my iPhone will in game lag if I get a text but only if the sound is on.

Thanks, don't get me wrong, the iPhone is overall smoother and doesn't throttle as you say - I just wondered if there might be something wrong with the graphics hardware or something as the virtua tennis is from 2012 or 2013 - I guess it just doesn't work well with more recent iOS - does anyone that has this game confirm not great on iPhone 6s plus?

Thanks, don't get me wrong, the iPhone is overall smoother and doesn't throttle as you say - I just wondered if there might be something wrong with the graphics hardware or something as the virtua tennis is from 2012 or 2013 - I guess it just doesn't work well with more recent iOS - does anyone that has this game confirm not great on iPhone 6s plus?

Been testing a few things, I can get real racing to lag only if there is a lot going on in the background where iOS hasn't tombstone apps yet like having another game, YouTube and the browser fresh in the background other than that it's pretty beast for 3D intensive games.

Try holding power till slide to turn off pops up then let go of power and hold the home button till it does its thing then jump into the game