What's new

Queueing text-messages

paieye

Reaction score
When I send a text-message with my iPhone 3GS (IOS 6.1.6) but there is not enough signal, the message is simply marked un-sent, and nothing will happen unless I manage later to send it successfully.

When my wife sends a text-message using her Sony Experia in the same circumstances, the message is queued for sending and will be dispatched when there is enough signal, without her needing to do anything.

Can I set my iPhone to do this ?

On a stock device it's not possible AFAIK, because the iOS will always try to send via iMessages first, then as an SMS. There are jailbroken tweaks that allows you to queue up texts so that at the next available time, the message will be sent.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

On a stock device it's not possible AFAIK, because the iOS will always try to send via iMessages first, then as an SMS. There are jailbroken tweaks that allows you to queue up texts so that at the next available time, the message will be sent.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro
Thank you, and I feared as much, but what a stupid arrangement.

Thank you, and I feared as much, but what a stupid arrangement.

To be completely honest, for a smart device, the iPhone can be pretty dumb sometimes. It also has to do with Apple prioritizing iMessages over everything else since of course they'll tend to favor their own products over others by encouraging the use of Macs and iPads as well as iPhones and iPods to get reliable and secure communications through iMessages alone. But at the same time, it can also pose a security threat for hackers by allowing it to queue, so that's the other side of the double-edged sword