What's new

Questions about the iPhone

FordMan1324

Reaction score
Here is my Dilemma, I am way over due for an upgrade to a new phone I have an LG Dare as of now. I am looking very hard at the Verizon iphone though as I really like the look of them and the feel of them. I am not very familier with the iPhone but think I could figure it out. I have had a apple ipod but never got a ton of use out of it. I just have so many questions about it at every time I go in there they just want to push me to buy a phone. Here are a few questions I hope you can answer these questions for me and help me with my decision.

I am debating over an Iphone 4 and a 4s could you list the benifits and disadvantages of both?

1. Jailbreaking good or bad? What’s the benefits of it or disadvantages of it? Is it hard to do?
2. I only have a PC non Mac is this a problem? And it’s a little slow is this going to be a problem?
3. Is there a way to download free songs in a batch fashion? or even single songs but fast?
4. I was looking and found something if you listen to the radio it will copy those songs onto your phone?
5. Is there a way to bring all your songs from your phone to your computer?

Let me know any other information would be greatly appreciated!

1) jailbreaking is good and easy to do depending on your tech know how.

2) iPhones don't depend on either system. It just depends on a dedicated computer to sync from

3) Legally there is no way to download a batch of music/singles for free. You have to either purchase the music from iTunes or from ripped cd's. iTunes doesn't offer batches of free music.

4) You have heard wrong. If you use a app like Shazam or Soundhound and hold the phone to the music output it will tell you the song title and artist that's playing and direct you to purchase it trough iTunes.

5) The only way to export music from the device is to either transfer the purchased song/s using iTunes or a third party app like Copytrans.

The iPhone has to be the simplest mobile device around. The only times you hear about errors is due to the users mistakes. There are so many things to do with the device. It's stable, it's beautiful and it's a joy to own.

Last edited:
Your first question of wether a 4 or 4S. I haven't used the 4S yet but I've pre-ordered it already. But either phone you upgrade to from an LG Dare will just blow you away. It's very simple to use. My 3 year old daughter can use with ease. From making calls, watching videos, to playing games. As far as music goes and your PC....as long as you have iTunes downloaded on there which I assume you do since you own an iPod, syncing your phone will be simple.
On a side note one thing people might overlook is value the iPhone holds. Once you pay for your first iPhone, you might not have to pay for anymore when you upgrade in a year or two. I paid $199 for my 3GS when it first came out. The following year when the 4 came out I went to Radio Shack to buy it. The upgrade price was $199 for the 16gig iPhone 4. Radio shack bought my old iPhone from me for $200. I walked out of the store with a new iPhone without paying a dime. 16 months later I pre-order the 32gig 4S for $299. The following day I sold my used iPhone 4 on eBay for over $330. Another year another new phone without losing any money at all. In fact making a few bucks.
Just something to think about. Good Luck.

many questions about the Factory Unlocked iPhone like; What is it? What is the different between an iPhone and a Factory Unlocked iPhone? Which one is better? Can I still jailbreak it? If i update my firmware version do i lose my unlock feature on it? If I jailbreak it will I lose anything? How much does it cost? Where can I buy it? Will Apple do international shipping on it? What are the countries that have it?