What's new

Question on deleting e-mails...

solomonster

Reaction score
I have my Gmail account synced up through Exchange and all seems to be working well. But I've noticed that when I delete an e-mail now on my iPhone, it not only deletes from my Gmail on my PC as well, but it's not even recoverable in the Trash folder on there -- it's just gone!

Is there any way to make it so that when I delete an e-mail on my phone, it does NOT delete from my inbox elsewhere?

it just moves the file or message to the all mail folder. Personally, i'd rather it moved it to the trash so it will eventually delete but, it is what it is......check the all mail folder, thats where your message will be.

Press on your Mailboxes Icon>Scroll down to Accounts>Press your Gmail account name and everything that has to do with your Gmail account is all there, inbox, drafts, sent mail, trash, folders, etc..

EDIT: For Gmail accounts go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar>Accounts>Gmail> Archive Messages ON

Last edited:
Press on your Mailboxes Icon>Scroll down to Accounts>Press your Gmail account name and everything that has to do with your Gmail account is all there, inbox, drafts, sent mail, trash, folders, etc..

DO NOT press on your phone!! TAP on icons. ;-) haha im just messing with you. Even ever so lightly tap would work too. LOVE THIS PHONE!! (Althought i've owned ipod touch 4gen before it). And again I'm only kidding haha. Press just seems like you would press on an android phone. GAG. :)

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calenders > Choose you account > Advanced > Delete from server > Never...

it just moves the file or message to the all mail folder. Personally, i'd rather it moved it to the trash so it will eventually delete but, it is what it is......check the all mail folder, thats where your message will be.

I would love to see this as an option or even a tweak through cydia. I hate having to double delete.