What's new

Q:iPhone 6 Plus network antenna and cameras/flashlight unresponsive after water contact

malibukaitland

Reaction score
Q: iPhone 6 Plus network antenna and cameras/flashlight unresponsive after water contact. What is the likelihood that soaking logic board in alcohol will fix the issues? Please help!

Hi all,

About a month ago, the top of an iPhone 6+ (64g) may have allegedly been submerged in water, resulting in the phone fully functioning except for a seemingly broken network antenna (reads: Searching...), and zero response from the front & back camera as well as the flashlight. It's been quickly cleaned for corrosion and has had the network antenna and front camera swapped out for experimental purposes, brand new SIM card, and nothing changed.

Wiill having the logic board soaked in alcohol really make a difference? Does anyone have any suggestions for what to try? The phone is signed by Steve Wozniak so I'm resistant to trade it in for the new 7+.

Please help! Thanks so much.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.3

Last edited:
Cleaning the logic board won't work if there are damaged components on the board, such as the controllers for the non-working components.

Cleaning the logic board won't work if there are damaged components on the board, such as the controllers for the non-working components.
How likely do you think that is? The rest of the phone works perfectly :/

I'd steer clear of alcohol (in this case only ;) ) and try Deoxit sparingly, but I'm afraid @scifan57 is right. The damage is done.

What does he mean signed by ?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Q: iPhone 6 Plus network antenna and cameras/flashlight unresponsive after water contact. What is the likelihood that soaking logic board in alcohol will fix the issues? Please help!

Hi all,

About a month ago, the top of an iPhone 6+ (64g) may have allegedly been submerged in water, resulting in the phone fully functioning except for a seemingly broken network antenna (reads: Searching...), and zero response from the front & back camera as well as the flashlight. It's been quickly cleaned for corrosion and has had the network antenna and front camera swapped out for experimental purposes, brand new SIM card, and nothing changed.

Wiill having the logic board soaked in alcohol really make a difference? Does anyone have any suggestions for what to try? The phone is signed by Steve Wozniak so I'm resistant to trade it in for the new 7+.

Please help! Thanks so much.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.3
If you really want to preserve the autograph, you could purchase a used iPhone 6 Plus in perfect working order and have a tech transfer all the internal components to your original iphone case.

He means that Steve Wozniak autographed his iPhone.

I did think it was something like that, the obvious solution in my eyes is to replace the iPhone and use the autographed back. Job done. Doing all the necessary backups etc beforehand naturally.
Almost sounded intelligent then didn't l [emoji38]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

PS who is Steve Wozniak? No googling

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Thought l'd heard the name before, famous basketball player or something. Brixtonboy the free book full of garbage 2016

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I kind of assumed he Woz something to do with Apple. Hey, neat. Spellcheck remembers him and doesn't try to autocorrect his nickname. Nice touch.

Mine had the camera issue- updated to 10.2 and- not once more did it happen!
For me it was a software problem