What's new

Problems with push mail and password

mg6035

Reaction score
All of a sudden, about a week ago, my push mail stopped working on my AT&T account. I did the usual things, restarted the phone, deleted the email account and added it back, etc. but it still won't push. The strange thing is I went into my AT&T account and changed my password in Outlook. It tested fine and sent the test email. When I go on my iphone and add the AT&T email account back I enter my username and new password and hit "done". It verifies and gives me the check marks and says account added. But when I go back into that account and look at the settings the new password did not stay. It went back to the old password. Why would it do that? How do I get it to save my new password? It verifies it as being correct and I save it but when I go back in the new password is not there. Does this have anything to do with my email not being pushed to my phone? Please help. Thanks

Nobody has any ideas what I can do? Suggestions? Places to look?

nat4210 said:
If you have not tried restoring. Try to restore it. And try from there. If that still does not work. Try a hard reset. Even tho it is a pain :/.

Go into settings. Mail. Go into your mail account. Make sure your mail is turned on. And it is set to push. Click mail folders to push. And also make sure that what ever mail you use ? At&t supports the push. If not. Use fetch ? I hope I helped some what.

Go into settings. Mail. Go into your mail account. Make sure your mail is turned on. And it is set to push. Click mail folders to push. And also make sure that what ever mail you use ? At&t supports the push. If not. Use fetch ? I hope I helped some what.

Thanks for the response. I didn't do a restore. I did everything else I could think of and nothing works. I did a search in other forums and around the internet and apparently it's pretty wide spread with Yahoo and AT&T mail. It's happening to a lot of people. A couple of people have contacted Yahoo and they were told Yahoo was aware of it and are working on a solution. I don't know why AT&T hooked up with Yahoo because frankly Yahoo stinks and is going down hill fast.