What's new

iPhone isn't saving my email password!

Tricon7

Reaction score
This is a new thing - I go to send an email, and it sends it to my Outbox, unsent. What the.....? I go into settings and discover that my email password is only partly filled in. How did that happen? I correct it, click "Done," then go back and send the email. But now, it's not saving it at all, thus I'm not able to send ANY emails. But I seem to be able to receive them. Odd.

What am I doing wrong?

Unable to send any email now. The iPhone isn't saving my new password at all.

I can go into settings and correct the password and it checks the info off after verifying the info is correct. I click "Done", then go back and check it again, and the password is the old one again! (Rather, it's a combination of letters and numbers - it keeps the letters but deletes the numbers when I go back to check).

Last edited:
Tricon7 said:

I can go into settings and correct the password and it checks the info off after verifying the info is correct. I click "Done", then go back and check it again, and the password is the old one again! (Rather, it's a combination of letters and numbers - it keeps the letters but deletes the numbers when I go back to check).

Try hard resetting and re entering email credentials.

Tricon7 said:

Try hard resetting and re entering email credentials.

By "hard reset" do you mean deleting my email account, then re-creating it?

Delete your email account then reboot your phone. Hold the power and home buttons until you see the apple logo (about 10 seconds).

Once it restarts add in your email account and you should be good...

I was having the same problem. I did as suggested here...deleted e-mail account, did hard reset, then added it again and it's working fine now.

I am am haivng the same problem after updating to ios 6 on a 4s. I deleted the account and then did a hard reset, but it is still saving an old email password, Anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you.