What's new

Problem with untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0arshach

Reaction score
Alright so Im using redsnow 0.9.10b3 to jailbreak my iphone4 5.0.1

I did the jailbreak, everything went fine, I installed some apps (bitesms, springboard, infinifolders) and then after about an hour the iphone froze. So I restarted it, but it never gets past the apple icon. If I wait for about 15 minutes, the little loading circle will show up, but its frozen as well. So I redid the jailbreak, turned my iphone off after it was done to see if its truly untethered, and then it turned on again afterwards. But after installing a few of the apps, and using it for about an hour it froze again in the exact same way. So I gotta restore it now for the 2nd time in a day.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Alright so Im using redsnow 0.9.10b3 to jailbreak my iphone4 5.0.1

I did the jailbreak, everything went fine, I installed some apps (bitesms, appsync, installous, springboard, infinifolders) and then after about an hour the iphone froze. So I restarted it, but it never gets past the apple icon. If I wait for about 15 minutes, the little loading circle will show up, but its frozen as well. So I redid the jailbreak, turned my iphone off after it was done to see if its truly untethered, and then it turned on again afterwards. But after installing a few of the apps, and using it for about an hour it froze again in the exact same way. So I gotta restore it now for the 2nd time in a day.

Anyone know what the problem is?

You might have installed something that is not compatible with ios 5.

(You mean WINTERBOARD not springboard).

Infinifolders, if it is not bought, (I mean if you downloaded a cracked version of it), it causes issues.

I would suggest a hard reset (hold down the power/home buttons until the phone turns off and back on) and if you manage to get into the phone, go to cydia and remove infinifolders.

If you have SBSettings, you could go to Mobile Substrate - Addons and turn off one by one there to see which one causes the problem.

BUt I am pretty sure infinifolders might be hassling.

Also, bitesms needs to be installed from a certain repo to be ok in ios 5.

You might have installed something that is not compatible with ios 5.

(You mean WINTERBOARD not springboard).

Infinifolders, if it is not bought, (I mean if you downloaded a cracked version of it), it causes issues.

I would suggest a hard reset (hold down the power/home buttons until the phone turns off and back on) and if you manage to get into the phone, go to cydia and remove infinifolders.

If you have SBSettings, you could go to Mobile Substrate - Addons and turn off one by one there to see which one causes the problem.

BUt I am pretty sure infinifolders might be hassling.

Also, bitesms needs to be installed from a certain repo to be ok in ios 5.
Both bitesms, Infinifolder need to be purchase legally from Cydia purely and simply, not download from certain repo.

We don't discuss piracy here at iPhoneForums. We also don't help pirates here at iPhoneForums.

You, r0arshach, are a pirate. That is why you are having trouble with your device. We do not condone piracy here at this forum. Not only is it against our rules, it is ILLEGAL!

Don't be a pirate.

You'll receive no help here.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.