What's new

My iphone 4, Ios 5.1 is truning on and of by itself.

love iphone

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm a new member her, and I would like to be welcomed.
Two days ago, my iPhone was running 5.0.1. However, I installed Timezone from Cydia.
After that, it started to turn on and off by itself. I really could not do anything, so I had to restore it and update it.
Now, after I update it and jailbreak it. I started to plug souses to The cydia and tweet.
It was fine, and suddenly, it started turn on and off again. I could not even use it, cuz it was fast.
I restore it again and now I want to jailbreak it again, but I'm worry that it will do the same again.
What do you think caused the problem, and how can I solve it ?

Thank you all :)

If you updated your cydia recently this included the new mobile substrate which allows the safe reboot by pressing the volume up button while your phone reboots which then allows you to safely remove harmful Tweeks

DO NOT RESTORE FROM A BACKUP.

Whatever is cauing your random reboots, its just backed within your backup files too.

On a side note........You didnt have to update to the latest iOS 5.1. You could have dumped blobs, built a signed 5.0.1 IPSW and restored to that. Kepping your untethered jailbreak

I would check Tiny Umbrella for 5.0.1 blobs, if they are there, then use them to build an IPSW with iFaith. If they are not there.......Well It's too late, you jumped the gun.

Do not restore from a backup. Like I said, whatever is cuasing the problems is being restore back to your phone because you are restoring from a backup. Setup as new, or use an older backup file. If it still keeps happening then it may be a hardware problem...........But i suspect its not.