What's new

Problem with the iPod application

Tricon7

Reaction score
I've imported many songs into a playlist on my iPod on the iPhone, and although I select "Shuffle" it still plays the same song over and over again. I close iPod out completely and then select the first song, then it'll play it, then play it again and again and again.

Why won't it go to the next song without me having to manually select it - much less shuffle all the songs in the playlist?

Do you have repeat song selected. Its that circle right under the 0.00

Attachments

• $image-1305099837.jpg
    $image-1305099837.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
You know, I never noticed that icon until you referred to it. I de-selected it. I think it seems to be working now. Thanks.

Tricon7 said:
You know, I never noticed that icon until you referred to it. I de-selected it. I think it seems to be working now. Thanks.

You're welcome.

I went for a walk, and it worked. However, when the iPhone was in the case, a song would play for about ten seconds, then I'd hear a musical *bloop* sound and the iPod would skip to the next song. Then it would repeat itself. I played with the "play again" and "shuffle" icons and think I fixed it, but I'm not sure. It sure was aggravating, though.

Tricon7 said:
I went for a walk, and it worked. However, when the iPhone was in the case, a song would play for about ten seconds, then I'd hear a musical *bloop* sound and the iPod would skip to the next song. Then it would repeat itself. I played with the "play again" and "shuffle" icons and think I fixed it, but I'm not sure. It sure was aggravating, though.

No you have not :),

I know this because I use my phone on my motor bike to listen to music. I thought I had a dodgy wiring somewhere as everyone I hit a serious bump it change tune.

Go into settings/iPod/shake to shuffle - and turn it off.

leave ur ipod connected 2 ur comp. and if ur gonna play or c a vid then just use the itouch from there dont disconnet unless ur goign somewhere

Tricon7 said:

No you have not :),

I know this because I use my phone on my motor bike to listen to music. I thought I had a dodgy wiring somewhere as everyone I hit a serious bump it change tune.

Go into settings/iPod/shake to shuffle - and turn it off.

That was it. What an annoying feature. Another thing that is irritating is that if halfway through a song, if I want to skip forward or whatever, my iPhone has gone into standby mode where I then have to press the home button, slide the slider to get back into where I can navigate through the apps again. I suppose I could go into settings and change it to "always on" or something like that, but I'd have to change it back when I was done and I'd just as soon leave it.

There are features that are well hidden, most new user i suspect come from a Widows PC where you know what's where.

Most annoying IMHO is the app store, it closes every time you select a download - why on earth not allow the user to decide so we can set up a batch?

I know I get fed up so do something else, which costs the app writers sales