What's new

Strange music shuffle problem

mystic7

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've seen other threads here where people complain that their iPhones only play one song over and over in shuffle mode, but that's not the problem I'm having. My problem is it keeps playing "random" songs in the same order, and every time I go to listen to music it always starts with the same song and plays the next five songs in the same order as before, which is annoying because I've got a ton of songs that never seem to get played. In other words it will always play:
Song F
Song C
Song L
Song B
Song P

You get the idea. Whenever I listen to music it should start with a different song and randomly pick songs one after another, not the same order every time. Does this problem sound familiar to anybody? Oh, and it will do it whether I have shuffle turned on or not. And replay is definitely turned off. Thanks in advance.

Yes I have that occasionally. It appears to me that it forgets where you stopped and then starts the play order again. I just go pick a different song and it works. You could also turn the shake to shuffle feature on and give it a shake when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens from time to time. Not sure if it's a bug or just a hiccup.

ok, thanks. I'm pretty unimpressed with some of the sloppy workmanship on the iPhone, given all I've ever heard about Apple's reputation, and how "It just works".

I had that issue once and when I happened to look at the "get info" settings for the songs in iTunes, some of them had a setting checked for shuffling (that I had not enabled, at least not on purpose). I had to go through and uncheck a quite a few songs. I can't remember where the setting was, it's been a while...

Well, I see a setting for "skip when shuffling" in options under "get info", but I don't recall it stating it quite that way. iTunes has gone through some updates though since I had the issue.

Well, I see a setting for "skip when shuffling" in options under "get info", but I don't recall it stating it quite that way. iTunes has gone through some updates though since I had the issue.

But that's just for playing songs through the iTunes software on your computer right? It shouldn't affect the iPhone.

But that's just for playing songs through the iTunes software on your computer right? It shouldn't affect the iPhone.

Only if you're doing it in your Library. If you open your device's profile on the left hand taskbar in iTunes, click on Music and do it there, that's different from your iTunes Library since you'll be modifying the songs on the device itself.