What's new

problem with skype

yves

Reaction score
I used skype with my iphone4 with no problem until yesterday.At the bottom of the skype icon on my iphone,it written 'waiting'.It is already 1 day.I tried to delete it but cannot.I reinstall the program but it is still the same.I went to itunes to delete,but cannot also.I can't even click on the skype icon.Anyone have this problem before and what to do?

Not that problem, but I can't get an incoming ring ir notification on either iPhone4 or ipad2 from the only listed contact I have, yet when I call him no problems.

Opened all the restriction = nada!

Daft thing is he dab send me a text, and we can use viber so go figure :(

So is their an issue using Skype on apple portables?

I have the same problem. But not with Skype. I guess iPhone4 has a problem with the apps last update. You have to wait for a new update and hope that it will fix this bug.

I have no problem with my Skype at all. I had just try a test call with a friend and everything works perfect.

iFrog said:
I have no problem with my Skype at all. I had just try a test call with a friend and everything works perfect.

RU jb?, I'm using mine 'stock'.

I'm JB but that had nothing to do since I had never install nothing like 3g restrictor or so. I only use Skype over my wi-fi

iFrog said:
I'm JB but that had nothing to do since I had never install nothing like 3g restrictor or so. I only use Skype over my wi-fi

Just wonder if it makes the iPhone sort of less fussy in some ways.

Not that problem, but I can't get an incoming ring ir notification on either iPhone4 or ipad2 from the only listed contact I have, yet when I call him no problems.

Opened all the restriction = nada!

Daft thing is he dab send me a text, and we can use viber so go figure :(

So is their an issue using Skype on apple portables?

Hi,

I'm new to this Forum. I was looking for info regarding the new Skype update out now v3.5.454 for iPhone 4 and saw this string.

I've updated the operating software to iOS5.... as I can't afford an iPhone 4S quite yet! =(

Since uploading the update I can call other Skype contacts using the Skype App no problem. They can also call me and the iPhone App shows their avitar and the phone rings with the Skype incoming call tone. The problem is when the Skype App in running in the background (I'm still signed in) and when a Skype contact calls absolutely nothing happens. No ring tone, no avitar, nothing. Until I phyically re-open the app again at which point the avitar shows up without ring tone and I can answer the call or there is a message to show that contacts have been calling.

This is not good as it looks as though I'm ignoring calls! Hopefully Skype wil cure this issue with the next update..... unless the issue is with my iPhone? By the way I'm using the newer white colour iPhone 4.

Any help would be much appreciated.