What's new

Problem with lost calendar

Megseggs

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie here. Help I downloaded the 7.1.1 to my iPhone 4s on Friday and since then I have my calendar from my office computer but not my calendar that I had inputted on my phone! Also when some people in my contacts (ones added in the last 2yrs or so) text me or call they come up as their number and not their name.
What do I need to do to sort it? Simple terms please I'm no tech!
I'm going to miss a load of meetings if I don't sort it. :-/
Thank you

What calendar are you using? Go to the mail,contacts, and calendar setting and make sure it is on for the service you use. Try turning it off and then back on again. Also, try a hard reset which is holding the power button and the home button down at the same time until the apple logo appears. Let go both buttons and wait for the phone to reboot. Often this will clear little "bugs" that occur.

As far as your contacts issue...check to make sure you have your phone number checked in the send/receive section of messages. Is it all contacts or just a few? It may be an issue on their end.

Thank you. My calendar that is showing is my outlook one on my office computer. All appts that I put in on my phone have vanished.
Not all contacts only the ones but in in the last 2 yrs or so.
Will try rebooting. Fingers crossed!

System reboot hasn't worked. Any other ideas?!
:(

I'm sorry to hear that, Megseggs. You can scan your iPhone with some iPhone data recovery tools to see if you can get back your lost contacts with the proper names and directly transfer them back to your iPhone. Hope that helps. :)