What's new

Problem with Contact Email Addresses

kspector

Reaction score
My wife just got an iPhone 5 obviously with iOS6 on it.
She did not sync her contacts, but rather entered them manually.

Now I noticed that practiclly every email address of all the contacts she entered have Facebook email addresses and it seems there is NO WAY to change them to their regular email addresses by using the edit function. The addresses are grayed out and there is small Facebook icon to the left of their email address.

I did download the Facebook app.

How did this happen. Was it related to downloading the Facebook app to her phone?

Welcome to the Forum. I don't use facebook but it probably asked for permission to access contacts. The other could be that when the app was added in the settings/mail area the facebook account was added. Maybe the app added it.

I hate facebook. I don't understand why people think it's such a big deal. I know, you didn't ask my opinion but it comes free of charge. And it won't affect your address book.

I believe I read it somewhere, that the Facebook app does that, without permissions being given. +1 hookbill, I don't like Facebook either. That's just another reason.

Facebook is now integrated to iOS6, so you will see data from Facebook on the address book. The addresses that are displayed there are non-editable because they have been downloaded from FB. Of course, you can append additional email addresses as always, so there is no loss of functionality. I don't know if that information can be removed though. Try to logout of Facebook in the Setting Apps.

Mine is the same way.. Ive deleted all e mails. face book etc. and still there... I guess ill be returning the phone and going back to a android

Go to the Facebook section in settings and turn the switch for contacts off. Push the update contacts button and it should remove the Facebook addresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worked! Thanks - I was really annoyed about that but didn't think to post the problem here ... next time I'll know better. I did leave the calender switch on since it put in birthdays.