What's new

Problem installing latest version of itunes for iphone 4

russianrobert

Reaction score
When syncing my phone I am prompted to download the latest version of itunes for my iphone 4.
After download is complete i get an error message saying i need to check my network settings.
What should my network setting be exactly?

Thanks for any help.

Unplug your iPhone from the computer & restart your computer. When your computer restarts... open iTunes and update it manually.

Okay, my question was wrong. I should have asked:

When syncing my phone I am prompted to download the latest software (iOS 5.0.1) for my iphone 4.
After download is complete i get an error message saying i need to check my network settings.
What should my network setting be exactly?
Thanks

Last edited:
I get the error message in itunes after having downloaded the software.
The software doesn't get installed because of this message.

Last edited:
............I should also add that i downloaded and installed the latest version of itunes earlier so i can't understand how my connection settings need changing.

What happens if you try to download it from your phone?

Settings>General>Software Update

So, I am guessing you do indeed have 5.0.1 installed. Go to Settings>General>About and see what version you have. 5.0.1 is the latest.

I am staying with 5.0 and don't want to download 5.0.1, so the software update option is still there. I ignore iTunes when it asks me to update

So, I am guessing you do indeed have 5.0.1 installed. Go to Settings>General>About and see what version you have. 5.0.1 is the latest.

I am staying with 5.0 and don't want to download 5.0.1, so the software update option is still there. I ignore iTunes when it asks me to update

I have version 4.3.3
I want to update but can't. I keep getting a message 'Check your connection settings' As i said before, i successfully installed the latest version of itunes so how can my connection settings be wrong?

@deolgoatlady

Sorry to say, but you are asking a generic question in a thread that 3 years old.

If you are having an issue with your phone that's similar to what's posted here, could you please add more details about your particular issue?

Or, please start a new thread to talk about your specific issue?

Thanks.

Marilyn