What's new

Pressing green call icon not making call

Tekaham

Reaction score
Hi
I have just got first iPhone , iPhone 8 and am having problem making call

when I select phone from homepage and selecting contact I want to call I see the contacts name and phone are shown boldly, but the icons for message, call, video and mail are grayed out

when selecting keypad and entering number pressing green call icon a pop up appears with word call. Press word call makes the call

what am I doing wrong.

All help appreciated

Hi
I have just got first iPhone , iPhone 8 and am having problem making call

when I select phone from homepage and selecting contact I want to call I see the contacts name and phone are shown boldly, but the icons for message, call, video and mail are grayed out

when selecting keypad and entering number pressing green call icon a pop up appears with word call. Press word call makes the call

what am I doing wrong.

All help appreciated
Have you checked in the Contacts App that the phone number is entered in the correct section? Call, etc should not be greyed out if the information is provided. When it comes to calling someone, tapping on the number will achieve this.

Thanks for msg Caroline
I very new !!
How do I open contacts app and what is meant by correct section?

On an iPhone you can view your Contacts from the bottom row of icons you will see when you open the Phone App. Tap on Contacts and view individual entries and you will see where the actual numbers should be.

Thanks carolineM

the problem was that first name, last, phone no. Where entered in the first 3 boxes
This put the phone number in the “company” box!
Alls well now
Many thanks

Thanks carolineM

the problem was that first name, last, phone no. Where entered in the first 3 boxes
This put the phone number in the “company” box!
Alls well now
Many thanks
You’re very welcome!