What's new

Prejailbreak ios6

jockmcd

Reaction score
Hi all my iphone 4 is not jailbroken, has been previously but i mucked it up so now running ios6 prepairing for next jb, my modem firmware is 04.12.02 is thi the correct mdem firmware I should have? my phone is telling me to update carrier settings should i do this ? Is this my modem firmware ?

Thx

Carrier settings, as far as I know, only changes values the cellular radio uses not the actual firmware the cellular radio runs. And if you are on iOS 6.0 you most definitely want to update the carrier settings due to a bug that can cause your data plan to be used instead of WiFi.

jockmcd said:
Hi all my iphone 4 is not jailbroken, has been previously but i mucked it up so now running ios6 prepairing for next jb, my modem firmware is 04.12.02 is thi the correct mdem firmware I should have? my phone is telling me to update carrier settings should i do this ? Is this my modem firmware ?

Thx

As Skull noted above... go ahead and update to 6.0.1. As far as Jailbreaking goes, it relies solely on what iOS "version" you're on and not your "modem firmware."

Modem firmware is relevant to unlocking to add on to what Justin said

Ah excellent so as far as i can see i shall update carrier settings but leave my modem firmware alone ( i did not know if these 2 were connected somehow ) also i dont think i should update to ios6.1 or should I , whats the word on the street then ? I thought an untethered jb for ios6 was comming real soon, should i just update to ios6.1 ?

Ah excellent so as far as i can see i shall update carrier settings but leave my modem firmware alone ( i did not know if these 2 were connected somehow ) also i dont think i should update to ios6.1 or should I , whats the word on the street then ? I thought an untethered jb for ios6 was comming real soon, should i just update to ios6.1 ?
Apple is still beta testing iOS 6.1... so it isn't available to the general public yet. The Jailbreak that the Devs are working on will work w/ 6.0 & 6.0.1. However, they're still working on the kinks that'll allow it to work w/o an Apple developer account. So, you're safe to update to 6.0.1 w/ an Untethered Jailbreak coming sometime... no one's sure when though.

As well, 6.0 & 6.0.1 on the iPhone 4 can be JB Tethered using redsnow v. 0.9.15b3.

Also if you jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 you have to point redsn0w at the iOS 6 ipsw and its a tethered jailbreak ATM, I jailbroke with the latest version of red on my old iPhone 4 and it would not jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 with out pointing it to 6.0

Also if you jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 you have to point redsn0w at the iOS 6 ipsw and its a tethered jailbreak ATM, I jailbroke with the latest version of red on my old iPhone 4 and it would not jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 with out pointing it to 6.0
Thank you for adding this Unleashed. With the latest version of redsn0w, 0.9.15b3, having been released before iOS 6.0.1... redsn0w doesn't natively support it. However, since 6.0.1 wasn't a full iOS update... mainly just a few bug and hot fixes... pointing redsn0w @ the 6.0 IPSW works just the same.

Brilliant,thank you guys much appreciated, i will not try tethered jailbreak as i would rather wait for untethered, can i just confirm that i should update to 6.01 as this is more likely to have jailbreak than 6.0

jockmcd said:
Brilliant,thank you guys much appreciated, i will not try tethered jailbreak as i would rather wait for untethered, can i just confirm that i should update to 6.01 as this is more likely to have jailbreak than 6.0

6.0 & 6.0.1 will both be an Untethered JB on the iPhone 4... when it becomes available. So yes, you can update.

6.0.1 is a hotfix for 6.0. The method of jailbreaking is the same since the only difference is the bit of content

Thank you guys much appreciated will do this now then ;-)

Smashing got that done, can you guys confirm something ro me please:

Is modem firmware the same thing as baseband ?

I remember from jb before it asking me to update baseband should i do this on next jb or say no to it, i remember it confused me as i was not expecting it and cannot remember what i done.