What's new

Power down to 1% and then froze?

Neev

Reaction score
My phone's power went down to 1% and then the screen went black with a permanently spinning wheel in the center. I couldn't shut it down. I'm recharging it but the screen appears to be the same though it has been recharging for over half an hour, now.
I haven't seen this before but have probably never run it down to 1% before recharging.
(Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm fairly new to the phone and have just joined this forum. I glanced over other posts but all the buzz-words are out of my vocabulary range, I'm afraid)

I wouldn't stress too much. When you completely flatten the battery the screen does go black and the ball thing spins for a while.

When the battery is completely flat and you plug it in to charge, it won't power up straight away until the battery is charged a bit. However 30 minutes is more than it needs.

Just power the iphone off and on and everything should be fine :)

Hold down the home button on the front, and the button on the top of the iphone until the screen goes completely blank. (10 seconds or so).

Good luck.

Thanks, that worked!

I had tried both buttons at once but I guess just not long enough. A newbie mistake, I'm sure.

Cheers!