What's new

power button

rolo17

Reaction score
I'm haven issues with the power button it won't turn the phone off right away. I have to keep pushing it until it turns off... Is this a known issue do they replace the phone or fix the button?

Sent from Rolo's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

i have seen power button problems before and usually it's a replacement,give Apple a ring,they will most likely make you an appointment with your nearest Apple store.

I was on the phone with apple last night they didn't even offer to make an appointment for me. They said if it gets worse call back. So looks like I'm a have to do that ... Thanx!!

I was on the phone with apple last night they didn't even offer to make an appointment for me. They said if it gets worse call back. So looks like I'm a have to do that ... Thanx!!

they said that? not very helpful,i am surprised,yes ring them back,good luck,let us know how it goes.

I'm haven issues with the power button it won't turn the phone off right away. I have to keep pushing it until it turns off... Is this a known issue do they replace the phone or fix the button?

I just had this happen a week ago. I made an appointment and was in and out with a new phone in less than 15 minutes! I have apple care but it was still within the first year warranty so I didn't need to use it. I had great service! This is my first iPhone so it was a good experience.

I go Monday to the apple store.. I hope my service is as good as yours

I go Monday to the apple store.. I hope my service is as good as yours

i wouldn't worry,your phone is under warranty and they have to leave you with a fully working phone.

Went to apple after 30 min walked out with a replacement phone

Went to apple after 30 min walked out with a replacement phone

That's great. Did they activate the replacement iPhone for you as soon as you received it?

Last edited:
That's great. Did they activate the replacement iPhone for you as soon as you received it?

Yes they also called apple to transfer over the apple care +...