What's new

iPhone 5 screen wont turn off

RyanHan

Reaction score
Dear All,

I encounter a problem after upgrading my iPhone 5 to iOS 7. Although I already set the inactivity timer to 1 mins, my screen wont turn off at all (unless manual off).

The problem is when there is some notification or SMS alert on the phone and I didn't notice it after some time, the screen will always displayed and not turn off until I spot the notifications and off the screen manually by pressing the Power Off button at the top right. This drain my battery life on unused screen activity.

Is there a bug in iOS 7 that cannot match iPhone 5? Or is there other setting except for the inactivity timer?

Pls help

Regards,
Ryan

did you try a hard reset on your phone? are you using assistive touch?

but to clarify, you went to

Settings>General>Auto-lock, set the time limit

Last edited:
me set time limit is 1min but the screen is still on. How to check the assistive touch thingy?

Hard Reset you mean power off the whole device? For that I tried many times

me set time limit is 1min but the screen is still on. How to check the assistive touch thingy?

Hard Reset you mean power off the whole device? For that I tried many times

Youll know when the assistive touch is on. Its that virtual home button thats on your home screen.

Not powering off and on, but resetting it. Basically holding the power and home button together for about 5-10 seconds till it powers off then powers back on and u can let go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Just did a power reset and the virtual home button was not enable. But my screen still refuse to turn off after 1 min or 1 hr. Pls help

did you try a restore?

you can also try to reset all settings to return your phone to stock settings ( does not erase anything )

Did you already verify if there is a newer update available yet? i had some major issues with mine too when i did the update after release, but once i got to a newer release it got all of them solved. what exact version of IOS7 are you running?

Did you already verify if there is a newer update available yet? i had some major issues with mine too when i did the update after release, but once i got to a newer release it got all of them solved. what exact version of IOS7 are you running?

I think its the newest.Mine is iOS 7.0.4