What's new

iPhone 5 screen brightness

rocat1997

Reaction score
Hi everyone! We got 2 iphone 5 about a week ago. My wife's screen is slightly brighter. I've tried adjusting the settings and turning off and on the auto. Hers is plainly brighter. Has anyone here dealt with this? Thanks Roger.

Go to settings on either phone, select brightness & wallpaper. If it's yours you want brighter, then increase the brightness. If you want hers to be less bright then turn it down.

It's that simple.

I've done that. With hers on maximum and mine on maximum, hers is definitely brighter.

Reset settings and try it like that if that doesn't work then take back to apple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done that. With hers on maximum and mine on maximum, hers is definitely brighter.

Well, of course. I don't understand what you mean.

You said on auto bright one phone was brighter then the other. Now you're saying something completely different.

Try leaving it to max bright and not auto locking your phone. This is what I did for 2 days over night and it cleared up my screen and became more vibrant. It could just be glue still drying. Do you notice yours slightly warmer in tone compared to her? Then definitely try this.

It's all brightness. Even after a reset its still not as bright. Gonna probably schedule an appointment with Genius Bar. I'm having problems with wifi also. If I hold the phone at the top, I lose my router signal. My 3GS never did this. I'm starting to regret this upgrade even though I do love it's speed.

Hookbill, you need to read what I typed. I said I turned auto off and on which made no difference. With auto off and phkne on full bright, the screen is at 75-80% of my wife's phone.

rocat1997 said:
Hookbill, you need to read what I typed. I said I turned auto off and on which made no difference. With auto off and phkne on full bright, the screen is at 75-80% of my wife's phone.

I suspect that ur iPhone 5 has yellow tint so your screen colors are warmer