What's new

Porblems with Jailbreaking an Iphone 4

paparoma

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

it seems that everyone is talking about how its amazing to jailbreak the iphone 4.. however, iv been doing some reading and found that its tethered jail-breaking meaning that if you turn off your phone or your battery suddenly dies.. will I have to find a computer and plug in my phone in order to turn it on??

Also, is there an untethered jail breaking approach that can be done?

Thanks in advance,

The latest update from apple (4.2.1) is, at the moment, tethered. Which means what you've described.

If your phone is on 4.1 (like mines) or earlier, its not...

Yea its 4.2.1 ( i recently updated it )

Is there anyway to go back to the older version?

Were you jailbroken on 4.1 before you updated and clicked the make my life easier button in cydia?

NO i recently got my iphone 4.. and itunes told me to update it.. so i did..

You cant go back then. I realize your new to iPhones but if your planning on jailbreaking it then never update you phone when iTunes tells you to.

It's a lesson we all have to learn. Unfortunately, like you, I also learned the hard way...

ahh gotcha..
so at this point.. the only thing i can do is wait till they create an un tethered jailbreak for 4.2.1??

btw.. cant i just do factory reset.. and shouldnt it bring me back to the older version??

When you do a factory reset it brings you to the latest update. So even if you were on 4.1 and you wanted to or had to do a restore (factory reset) it would automatically update you to 4.2.1.

That's why it's important for jailbreakers to save there blobs in cydia and unlockers to preserve basebands, and never update unless they ABSOLUTELY HAVE to...

I found a link that shows how to downgrade to 4.1

but do you know the main difference between 4.1 and 4.2.1 .. what features were modified in the update?