What's new

popSLATE Case Attaches to an iPhone and Brings a Smaller Black-and-white Rear Display

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
popslate iphone.png

Case makers try to come up with ingenious solutions for their products that would bring even more features to smartphones and tablets. Such is the case with the popSLATE case, as well, which attaches to your iPhone and transforms itself a smaller black-and-white rear display on the back of the device.

The case itself features a microcontroller, on-board memory and a dual-mode Bluetooth chip, meaning that it's basically another tiny phone. Have a look at the video from below to see the product in action. The case is available for the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 6 and it costs $129 to order.

Source: popSLATE

WHOA this looks awesome!

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but now my mind has wondered if this is the future of phones... dual displays....

I'm sure it won't be too long before they have a version with a colour screen. That's the one I'd be interested in.

I'm sure it won't be too long before they have a version with a colour screen. That's the one I'd be interested in.
I have to wonder if its the black and white screen that allows it to be so easy on the battery, though.

Probably, the black and white screen would use less power. Lower resolution screens would use less power as well.