What's new

Poor quality pic quality when transferred from iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrisimedia

Reaction score
Greetings all and I hope you can help. Recently upgraded to a 4s from a 3gs. Upon import (syncing) my photos from iPhoto library through iTunes to my new 4s, the picture quality took a significant hit. Thumbnails look good but expanded picture is very, very grainy. What did I do wrong? How can I recover the picture quality?

Thanks - John

Unfortunatly I think thats by design. (apple reckon once you backed up a full quality photo to the computer the one on the iproduct can be synced back in a smaller size and also lower quality to save space which is completely crap as it stuffs up large printing options for later)

The only way I figured out to got full spec photos back onto my camera roll was either by

A>emailing them to your iproduct and saving them manually

B>Run ifile or similar and copy your photos to /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
Then go into /private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData and delete
Photos.sqlite
PhotosAux.sqlite

Reboot the phone, and load "photos" - There may be a delay of 30seconds or so as it reindexes - dont panic! lol

Voila - The photos you copied are now in the camera roll, and not only that they have not been resized or lost quality in any way.

Please check my instructions online first - Im leaving for work and rushed so I copied and pasted one of the first results which rang bells with how I did it myself on my iphone4 a few months back (worked fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.