What's new

.png/.artwork editing

Ok, well using summerboard worked, but the icon looked like crap. Here is what I'm going for. Basically using ielemental pro and iflat as my base. Just making more when I have free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres what i do. Make sure your icon is 118x120 pixle. Then winterboard will have a big icon right? Just use shrink to shrink it down to whatever size you like. Itll also look perfect for retina display.
Its just that retina icons are that size i told you but the phone automatically shrinks it if the file is called [email protected]. Since you cant name the icon that in winterboard, the icon turns out the normal huge size that it really is. Thats why that happens

Im looking at folder structure you all have used and mine is different.

Mine is /var/stash/Themes.7DnjaP/DS Icon/Bundles

Then in the icon folder I have an individual folder for each icon. For example:

com.weather.TWC with the icon "[email protected]"

Another:

com.bitesms with the icon "icon.png"

And for some reason only a few of them work. The compass, youtube, stocks and a few others wont work. Ive tried what has been mentioned. Ill set my folder stucture up like this...
/var/stash/Themes.7DnjaP/DS Icon.theme/Icons

Then ill take the compass icon, rename it "Compass.png" or "compass.png" and place it directly into the Icons folder. But that didn't work either. Any suggestions? Thanks

(Also why is my Themes folder named "Themes.7DnjaP"? I never renamed it or touched it before. It has always been like that.)

Last edited:
Im looking at folder structure you all have used and mine is different.

Mine is /var/stash/Themes.7DnjaP/DS Icon/Bundles

Then in the icon folder I have an individual folder for each icon. For example:

com.weather.TWC with the icon "[email protected]"

Another:

com.bitesms with the icon "icon.png"

And for some reason only a few of them work. The compass, youtube, stocks and a few others wont work. Ive tried what has been mentioned. Ill set my folder stucture up like this...
/var/stash/Themes.7DnjaP/DS Icon.theme/Icons

Then ill take the compass icon, rename it "Compass.png" or "compass.png" and place it directly into the Icons folder. But that didn't work either. Any suggestions? Thanks

(Also why is my Themes folder named "Themes.7DnjaP"? I never renamed it or touched it before. It has always been like that.)

Idk why your themes folder is set up like that. Your icon name is right. Make sure the right letters are capital. Its case sensitive. However. Your file path should be /var/stash/Theme/ds icon.theme/icons. Not themes.7dnjap
Also mkleist, realized that his wasnt working because the summerboard option wasnt turned on

Idk why your themes folder is set up like that. Your icon name is right. Make sure the right letters are capital. Its case sensitive. However. Your file path should be /var/stash/Theme/ds icon.theme/icons. Not themes.7dnjap
Also mkleist, realized that his wasnt working because the summerboard option wasnt turned on

Yeah I don't understand why the folder is called "themes.7dnjap". Is it gonna screw up anything if I get rid of the ".7dnjap". Like I said, I have no clue how or when that got there. Also the summerboard option is turned on. Guess Ill just have to play around with it for a bit till works. Thanks

Yeah I don't understand why the folder is called "themes.7dnjap". Is it gonna screw up anything if I get rid of the ".7dnjap". Like I said, I have no clue how or when that got there. Also the summerboard option is turned on. Guess Ill just have to play around with it for a bit till works. Thanks

It shouldnt hurt anything if you got rid of that extension. If it does mess something up then just add it back and respring

Not to bring up a dead horse, lol, but i found out why my iBooks icon wasn't displaying properly. By turning on summerboard I lost the high res icon I had made and it looked like crap. It looks with the iphone4, the names are super important. by looking at another theme I realized the file structure should be this: Theme/Bundles?com.apple.iBooks/[email protected]

Renaming my file like that and my icon is now up and is the high res version. Man what a pain in the butt!!

Not to bring up a dead horse, lol, but i found out why my iBooks icon wasn't displaying properly. By turning on summerboard I lost the high res icon I had made and it looked like crap. It looks with the iphone4, the names are super important. by looking at another theme I realized the file structure should be this: Theme/Bundles?com.apple.iBooks/[email protected]

Renaming my file like that and my icon is now up and is the high res version. Man what a pain in the butt!!

Yup Youre right. I didnt really think about it but that is one way of changing icons. That way is more iphone 4 friendly.