What's new

jenny birkett

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need help!
I covered a maternity contract for a school as a teacher from 01.01.20 to 24.07.20.
I was assured by the headmistress in a whatsapp message prior to starting the job that I would be paid for the summer holidays.
I deleted the message as I was out of storage space on my phone.
I have since dropped the phone down the toilet and it no longer works.
The headmistress is now refusing to pay me for the summer holidays denying she said she would. (Nice huh! Welcome to teaching in the UK...!)
If I plug the phone into my laptop, it reads it but I can't access data. I can't unlock the phone as the screen is black.
When I signed up for "dr.phone wondershare recovery" it told me that it would delete all the phone data in order to bypass the unlock code.
I'm guessing I can't therefore access the deleted whatsapp message that way?
I did an icloud restore on my new phone and the message she sent did not come up (I guess because I deleted it or it wasn't saved to icloud.)
I’m really desperate for the money and have no job to go to. The message was sent to me in November 2019.
Is there anyway I can recover the deleted whatsapp message?

Many thanks. Not a techy but so grateful for any advice... :)

Oh and it's an iphone 6. I don't think I ever did any updates.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If the last backup of your chat history was before you’ve deleted the message, you’ll be able to restore from that backup. Usually, you’d delete the app from your iPhone and reinstall it. As your device doesn’t work, install the app on another iPhone, make sure you use the same phone number as before, and install the app. After verifying your phone number, follow the instructions to restore your chat history.

Tools such as the one you’ve mentioned need an iCloud or iTunes backup to retrieve those messages, afaik.
If there’s no recent backup with that message included, you won’t be able to access it.