What's new

Please Help!!!

hvacmanjc

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Switched today to iPhone from Android and am having a serious problem with my iPhone. I went to reset it to place my new SIM card in for AT&T and there is all kind of garbled stuff that scrolled down from the top. I need to somehow back out of this. Please help!!:mad:

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 646
Hello everyone. Switched today to iPhone from Android and am having a serious problem with my iPhone. I went to reset it to place my new SIM card in for AT&T and there is all kind of garbled stuff that scrolled down from the top. I need to somehow back out of this. Please help!!:mad:
Welcome to iPhoneForums, @hvacmanjc!

What you're esperiencing is a hardware failure in most cases.

You could try to connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer and see if it's detected by iTunes. If it is, restore it:
Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If iTunes doesn't find it, use recovery mode:
If you can t update or restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

As it is a new device, visit the next Apple Store and get it replaced, if restoring and recovery mode don't fix this.

Not sure what I did but now it's stuck on the iTunes sync screen with the red logo. I held the home button down and plugged it in while continuing to hold the home button down. It gives me an option to restore. I click on that and it says extracting software and then says waiting on iPhone. After a while, it says restore failed and gives me a "4005" code. I have never jailbroken the device so I have no clue what happened. It worked fine until I reset the phone. I have been looking online and found something about going in to start menu, control settings and something about click on Apple repair or something like that. DoesDoes this sound valid? I am very computer illiterate, LOL.

Error 4005 is not related to jailbroken devices. It can appear with a stock iPhone as well.

Make sure iTunes (the software on your computer) and Windows are up to date. Try restoring it again.
You could also try to restore your iPhone with another computer.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to contact Apple for support:
Contact Apple Support - Apple Support

Last edited: