What's new

Please Help Me :( Desperate Iphone Bricked

TBosch

Reaction score
Ok so I own a Jailbroken Iphone 4 and it seems to have been bricked.I can not put it in DFU Mode or Reset it.There are no signs of life and was wondering if there is anything i can do before i give up completely.I was charging it last night everything was totally fine.No programs running not even winter board.I Shut it off and plug it in only to discover this morning as a really nice paperweight. All help i s extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Try this to see if it will help you....
  1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes
  2. Plug your USB cable into your computer.
  3. Now press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to your iPhone. After iPhone is connected it should power on the device.
  4. Continue holding the Home button, you will see the Apple logo appear and then finally a “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed, now is the time to release the Home button. You will then see the following image:

You have successfully put iPhone into Recovery Mode. Now try to restore the phone if is possible

If you want to keep you jailbreak then do not restore from Recovery mode. You will have to make a custom ipsw with SHSH blobs with either iFaith or redsn0w.

If you just click restore it will restore your device to 5.1 which is a very buggy tethered jailbreak.

Once you do what the above post said and enter Recovery Mode, try to enter DFU mode from there. Or simply try just boot it up from Recoery by holding te home and power button til you see the Apple logo.

I would download a 5.0.1 IPSW and build a custom IPSW out of it with SHSH blobs before doing anything.

That is of you care about being on an untethered jailbroken device.

OK so i managed to get the phone in dfu mode.I go to restore it but i get to ''preparing iphone for Restore'' it stops and shows error 1601. Ive tried multiple computers and it still wont work. Any tips appreciated.There is no signs of life still other than thge computer recognizes it no screen activity or anything.

TBosch said:
OK so i managed to get the phone in dfu mode.I go to restore it but i get to ''preparing iphone for Restore'' it stops and shows error 1601. Ive tried multiple computers and it still wont work. Any tips appreciated.There is no signs of life still other than thge computer recognizes it no screen activity or anything.

What are you trying to restore to? 5.0.1 or 5.1?

The newest firmware from apple i dont want to keep my jailbreak.