What's new

Legitimate Brick Crisis

Huffdaddy0808

Reaction score
Okay, so i'd like like to start off by saying i am NOT new to the jailbreaking scene so i know this isn't a simple issue. Also, I have searched online for a solution and have had no such luck finding any case like mine.

So on the 19th, when the untethered jailbreak was released for 4.3.2firmware, i immediately downloaded the latest redsn0w to jailbreak my iPod 4thgen. First time, i followed the instructions exactly how they were stated and i successfully jailbroke my device. I used it extensively with cydia mods and what not, but decided that i wanted to reset my device to simply start fresh again. I booted up redsn0w and began to put my device into dfu mode. everything was going fine, but at the end of the process, i was given a failure message; I had failed to completely plug in my device. Quickly, I plugged in my device, then began to restart the process. failed again. before i tried this a more time, i unplugged my device and plugged it back in. still no luck. when i unplugged it, i noticed my computer didn't say anything about unplugging a device, and when i plugged it back in, i still said nothing about plugging one in. i attempted to turn it back on, and the device did nothing; only remain on its black screen. I then tried for about an hour every single combination: plug in, un plugged, power on, power off, dfu attempts. My device has no recognition at all from any buttons being held in any order, no computer device recognition, as well as no itunes or redsn0w recognition. I think I have completely bricked my device without any possible solution. I hope and pray that I am wrong, however, and would appreciate any help in my situation.

Last edited:
thats the thing....i can't physically put it in to DFU mode, as well as I can't get the computer to recognizes it (tho its not an error on my computers part), so i can't restore it on iTunes or any other program.

Same thing has happened to
My iPhone, there is no way at all to turn it on and I have tried everything, I was not trying to jailbreak it it just stopped working, the only screen I have seen in the red battery with the power sign underneath. I don't know what to do

Same thing has happened to
My iPhone, there is no way at all to turn it on and I have tried everything, I was not trying to jailbreak it it just stopped working, the only screen I have seen in the red battery with the power sign underneath. I don't know what to do

Make sure that you are charging it with the original white charger of the phone, leave it on charge for hours, it will eventually charge up.

Does it have to be with the original cord? I was given it as a gift Hand down. That makes sense though as the person I received it off charged it overnight on their cord and it showed the red Battery screen. So I have to get the original charger? How is that any different from other cords?

Does it have to be with the original cord? I was given it as a gift Hand down. That makes sense though as the person I received it off charged it overnight on their cord and it showed the red Battery screen. So I have to get the original charger? How is that any different from other cords?

You must use the original white cable, ORIGINAL. Only the original cable of the iPhone will be able to wake the battery up. Else, you will just waist your time. The difference between the original charger cable of iPhone 4 and any charger cable even original but not for iPhone 4 is that those other cable can just recharge the iPhone 4 since the battery is not going down to 1%. By the time the battery is down to 1% and the device is off, only the original cable is capable of waking up the battery. Other cables won't be able to wake the battery up but they will be trying to charge the battery as if it never hit 1% where by they are just waisting time.

Ok thanks I'll have to get the original one back of my brother ( person who gave me phone) I'll let you know how it goes :) thanks

Ok thanks I'll have to get the original one back of my brother ( person who gave me phone) I'll let you know how it goes :) thanks

Not only it have to be original, but also have to be for the iPhone 4 if it's an iPhone 4 you want to recharge. If it's an original cable but for iPhone 3GS, it won't wake up the battery. When you get the right cable plug it in and leave it over night. In the morning when you wake up, you will see it fully charge or still charging. Good luck and let us know.

Ok my brother got a new iPhone because of this problem. The other day he decided to charge it the old one overnight, I don't know if he charged it on the original cord but it only got it to the red battery. He gave it to me to put on charge at my house but it didn't charge at all. So I'll try and get the cord he charged it with and I'll put it on charge.. And how do you know about the charger being able to do it. Is there a website or something that explains it? Thanks :)

Ok my brother got a new iPhone because of this problem. The other day he decided to charge it the old one overnight, I don't know if he charged it on the original cord but it only got it to the red battery. He gave it to me to put on charge at my house but it didn't charge at all. So I'll try and get the cord he charged it with and I'll put it on charge.. And how do you know about the charger being able to do it. Is there a website or something that explains it? Thanks :)

I experienced it my self with differents iPhones and differents charger cables, originals and fakes ones. I'm talking base on my experiences. I don't know any website talking about this, unless you want me to write it on a website :) I experienced it with iPhone4, iPhone3GS, and iPhone3G. When the battery is in the green or even in the red but above 2% any cable fake/original can charge any of the devices. But when any of the phone's battery die, only their respective cables and the original ones can revive the dead battery. Try it and you will see how it will work.

Ok he thinks he charged it on the original one and it worked so I have to
Get it off him then I'll let you know :) thanks so much for your help