What's new

Please help!! App Store won't open...

TungstenGT

Reaction score
I just recently updated to 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4 and soon after, I jailbroke it. I noticed it showed two apps needed to be updated, so I went to open the app store. It looks like it is about to open, and then just closes. iTunes on the iPhone 4 does the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:(

I just recently updated to 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4 and soon after, I jailbroke it. I noticed it showed two apps needed to be updated, so I went to open the app store. It looks like it is about to open, and then just closes. iTunes on the iPhone 4 does the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:(

Hi.

1) what did you use to jailbreak? (I mean which version of redsn0w).

2) Try performing two hard resets back-to-back

(A HARD RESET = Hold down the home AND power buttons simultaneously until the phone shuts off and reboots). Do this twice and tell me if it fixes the problem.

@Scorpio1: Turning the phone off won't help. Hard reset might (it is the equivalent of disconnecting the battery momentarily)

Trying resets now....I also noticed that Safari does the same thing.
I used Redsn0w 0.9.10b4

Ok that's the latest version.

Quick question: before you updated to 5.0.1, did you have a jailbroken iphone?

And if so, did you do RESTORE / SETUP AS NEW? Or just updated and restored from BACKUP?

Because if you did the second one, then you will be running into issues.

I was jailbroken before, but when I updated to 5.0.1, iTunes restored my phone and then I had to use what was saved on my iTunes to get some of my things back like music and some app store apps.

Edit: I thought it would just update to 5.0.1, but it kept saying there was an error, and then when I clicked continue, it restored the phone.

TungstenGT said:
Hard resets did not work. :( Still acts like it is opening the App Store, and then closes out.

I'd say try restoring again and jailbreak it again see if that works

TungstenGT said:
I was jailbroken before, but when I updated to 5.0.1, iTunes restored my phone and then I had to use what was saved on my iTunes to get some of my things back like music and some app store apps.

Edit: I thought it would just update to 5.0.1, but it kept saying there was an error, and then when I clicked continue, it restored the phone.

Yeah well you should have setup as new and then just SYNCED the stuff back on the phone this is why it's happening in its giving you errors. The errors were because of the hosts file (whole different story).

Restore and set it up as new and then just sync your stuff into the phone, dont restore from backup

Yeah well you should have setup as new and then just SYNCED the stuff back on the phone this is why it's happening in its giving you errors. The errors were because of the hosts file (whole different story).

Restore and set it up as new and then just sync your stuff into the phone, dont restore from backup
OK, I am going to try to do a full restore, then jailbreak it and then synch my stuff back onto the phone.