What's new

Picture Albums

brjmbrtief

Reaction score
I want to decrease the photos in my Camera Roll. I put photos in specific albums but when I try to delete them from the Camera Roll, I get a message that they'll be deleted from ALL albums. Meaning I'll lose them completely. What to do?

I basically asked the same question quite some time ago. The best that I can figure out is that all photos always exist in the Camera Roll. When you put them into albums you're really only creating pointers, or shortcuts, to the originals. The albums become a sort of filter to only show the photos that you've chosen for it, but you're not really moving photos around. I personally would prefer that it worked by actually moving the photo to the album, which is what I think you want, too.

I want to decrease the photos in my Camera Roll. I put photos in specific albums but when I try to delete them from the Camera Roll, I get a message that they'll be deleted from ALL albums. Meaning I'll lose them completely. What to do?
You can organize photos in apps like Dropbox or Box. You can also put them on Google+. Then you can delete them from your camera roll. I use an app called MyPhoto to organize photos into albums. It also offers album groups. Once on MyPhoto, I can then delete from camera roll. But they will still take up storage space there. Dropbox is probably the best. You can also put photos on your computer for storage.

I delete photos from my camera roll all the time and if I've synced them to iPhoto, they remain there. Are you not storing them offline?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk