What's new

pic message issue?

db1561

Reaction score
Is anybody else having a problem sending pic messages with verizon? My phone (iphone) and the wifes phone (env3) cannot send pic messages!

Is anybody else having a problem sending pic messages with verizon? My phone (iphone) and the wifes phone (env3) cannot send pic messages!

sending them by mms or by email? If it's mms you will need to apply a setting for it in the network under settings of your phone, if it's email, you will need wifi to be able to send them through email as they are huge files unless you compress them before sending. If you are on gprs, try to enable your 3g and reboot your device and try to see if it will be steong enough to send the pictures. Otherwise contact verizon for that issue will be your best solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sending them by mms or by email? If it's mms you will need to apply a setting for it in the network under settings of your phone, if it's email, you will need wifi to be able to send them through email as they are huge files unless you compress them before sending. If you are on gprs, try to enable your 3g and reboot your device and try to see if it will be steong enough to send the pictures. Otherwise contact verizon for that issue will be your best solution.

I send pictures through email over 3g all the time without any problems at all.

I send pictures through email over 3g all the time without any problems at all.

Yes. Over 3g or wifi the phone should be able to send pictures just fine.

bab2010 said:

Do you mean Data Roaming in the Network Settings? That's all I can see that would be the setting your talking about...
Also, where on the Verizon iPhone's settings can you turn on/off the 3G service...that's got me bamboozled...I thought 3G is the carriers (Verizon) service.

Last edited:
bab2010 said:

Do you mean Data Roaming in the Network Settings? That's all I can see that would be the setting your talking about...
Also, where on the Verizon iPhone's settings can you turn on/off the 3G service...that's got me bamboozled...I thought 3G is the carriers (Verizon) service.

You go to settings> generale> network> cellular data network and there you will see MMS settings, input informations needed, if you don't have those informations then call your carrier to have those informations from them.
Here is a picture about how the mms settings looks like
7b79625b-2e55-cc49.jpg

After you input the right informations, restart your device and then when you open the phone native sms app you should be able to see this
7b79625b-2f05-f0f6.jpg
and when you tap on that icon you should see a drop list like this one
7b79625b-2f54-3c24.jpg

bab2010 said:
You go to settings> generale> network> cellular data network and there you will see MMS settings, input informations needed, if you don't have those informations then call your carrier to have those informations from them.
After you input the right informations, restart your device and then when you open the phone native sms app you should be able to see this

Now that's weird, when I go into network settings all I see is Cellular Data with just a On/Off switch and underneath it a Data Roaming switch...no other for that MMS thing. However, when I go into native iPhones MMS text I do have the camera button to the left of the text bar.

bab2010 said:

Now that's weird, when I go into network settings all I see is Cellular Data with just a On/Off switch and underneath it a Data Roaming switch...no other for that MMS thing. However, when I go into native iPhones MMS text I do have the camera button to the left of the text bar.

So you should be able to send image files then both via sms which is called mms and via email. Via sms i don't think that you will be able to send heavy pictures, but via email u should be able to send a maxi of 5 pictures per email.

Bab1010- quit confusing stuberger.. obviously you dont know what your talking about, beijing verizon is differnt from u.s. verizon.. stick with helping beijing based customers dummy!!

Bab1010- quit confusing stuberger.. obviously you dont know what your talking about, beijing verizon is differnt from u.s. verizon.. stick with helping beijing based customers dummy!!

I see you build up your mind to follow me on the forum as if are on tweeter here. Hehehe at least i have one Miss following me on the forum:) what's your full names? And what do u do in life?

Found out the local towers had some problems but they have been rectified and good to go....

Found out the local towers had some problems but they have been rectified and good to go....

Great. I was wondering how can the camera icon be in the native sms thread if MMS options are not setup well and ready to send pictures or files. So all those time, it wasn't anything to do with your phone.