What's new

Cant receive pics through text

Knoxide

Reaction score
So I just got the iPhone 4 and my friends are trying to send me pics through texts and my phone doesnt even recognize a pic has been sent to me. I can send pic out but not get them and yes I have MMS Messaging ON.

You may want to try resetting your network settings, and verifying that 3G is enabled (instead of being just on Edge).

Here are a few things to try in-turn (aka just one of them might work)

Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings > General > [scroll down] Reset > Rest Network Settings

Reset All Settings. Go to Settings > General > [scroll down] Reset > Rest All Settings

Restore your iPhone using iTunes, and set it up as a new iPhone instead of restoring the back up.

Check if you have new carrier settings available. Go to Settings > General > About to check.

Find the MMS settings for your Carrier on Google, and set them up in Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network > MMS

I found this list on ithinkdiff.com, but I'm new to the forum so I can't post links yet :)

that happened to me but i didnt realize it until i found out the jailbreak took away my MMS capabilities, is your iphone jailbroken as of now? if not then follow deciphermedia intsructions.. worst case scenario is doing reset settings or restore.