What's new

Physical Keyboard

Woesong

Reaction score
Reading comments from Blackberry hands who can go on for pages with their physical Z10 keyboards but not a paragraph without errors on the iPhone. This is so? Maybe that Typos case will be worth it, if Seacrest wins the fight with Blackberry.

Never tried a Blackberry so I'd like to hear from those who have. Is the physical keyboard the last word in speed and accuracy with a phone?

I made some plenty errors with my onscreen simulated keyboard right here ...

Blackberry has always been a more capable device. It just lacks the flair of other devices like iPhone. I had a blackberry and lived it but I had to go to the dark side lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a blackberry once and felt that I "fumbled" when using the keyboard, it just wasn't comfortable. The iOS keyboard, however, is very good at fixing typo's as I type.. which still amazes me. I type "c o u l d n t", without the apostrophe, and iOS fixes it when I hit the space bar.. I love the little things like that.

First off the Z10 does NOT have a physical keypad the Q10 does and physical keypads are by far much easier to type on. I was an advid Blackberry user for about 8 years before I purchased the 5s and I still have my z10 for business purposes. The speed and accuracy of a physical keypad is unmatched vs a vitual keypad....IMHO

First off the Z10 does NOT have a physical keypad the Q10 does and physical keypads are by far much easier to type on. I was an advid Blackberry user for about 8 years before I purchased the 5s and I still have my z10 for business purposes. The speed and accuracy of a physical keypad is unmatched vs a vitual keypad....IMHO

Oops, sorry, mixed up them Blackberry models. I will try and find a Q10 in a showroom to play with. Seems to me, however, the keys were smaller than the iPhone's, but that's just a preliminary sense.

Also I must note there is a strong inertia at work with any project, digital or analog. This means if I have spent 8 years with a keyboard, I'm liable to find it superior to a newer optical model. There are probably still folks who lament the loss of the wind-down to audible click of 8-track tapes.

But, we'll see how it works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also was an avid Blackberry user and still find that there is no replacement for the physical qwerty keyboard. Although I currently use and really like my 5s, I still can't bring myself to get rid of my old phones. I read the article regarding the new Typo keyboard and truly hope a resolution is possible. To have all the apps & speed of the A7 processor WITH a BlackBerry keyboard case would be icing on the proverbial cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just ordered the Nuu Minikey keyboard case for speed typing or typing up longer messages/paragraphs (originally made for the 5, but also works for the 5S). It runs for about 50 or $60 more or less depending on where you get it from and possibly when, but I tried it out from a friend of mine, and it's very similar to the old slide phones by Samsung, or similar to the current Samsung Stratosphere. The keys are pretty well spaced out and all, and it doesn't add that much bulk onto the device. The keyboard itself has a battery of its own, and does run for a few days to a week depending on how intensive the use, and it has an on/off switch so you can turn it off when you're not using it, which is a plus.